PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 22, 2013) - Cloudera, the category leader that sets the standard for Apache Hadoop in the enterprise, today announced The Cloudera Sessions, a multi-city educational roadshow for IT and data management professionals. Kicking off March 5th in Chicago, the 12 events across North America will feature Cloudera executive speakers, as well as IT professionals sharing their own experiences in designing and implementing a Big Data infrastructure. Additionally, in-person clinics led by the industry's most experienced real-world Big Data and Hadoop experts are designed to guide enterprises along the path to integrating Hadoop into their existing environments, whatever their stage of evolution with the technology. The goal is to enable attendees to quickly benefit from implementing a next generation data management platform that delivers entirely new levels of operational efficiency and business insight.
The Cloudera Sessions offer enterprises an inside track to accelerating their transition from exploration to the practical steps required to adopt a Big Data infrastructure and strategy. By participating in a session, attendees will be armed with a map for modernizing their own unique data infrastructure so that they can Ask Bigger Questions™ and gain bigger answers from all their data.
Each of the one-day, multi-track sessions will deliver detailed and practical guidance across topics such as:
- Design a Blueprint for Data Management - How to pursue a practical, proven approach to the implementation of Hadoop for a full range of workloads while achieving gains in operational efficiency.
- Meet Mission Critical SLAs with Big Data - Strategies for optimizing slow or complex ETL/ELT transformation workloads in order to meet critical SLAs.
- Deliver Improved Business Value with Big Data - Real-world tested practices to employ for gaining advantage from ALL data while employing existing BI tools and practices.
- Optimize the Data Warehouse for Improved ROI & Data Utilization - Ways to derive incremental value from an existing data warehouse, accelerate query performance and enable new workloads not previously viable.
- Make Data Management Easier - The latest advancements in Hadoop management, governance and lineage, which provide a more unified view across all data.
A major key to success in implementing a new Big Data platform is integration with existing enterprise systems. HP is working with Cloudera to build enterprise-ready solutions for Hadoop that meet and exceed the performance and scalability demands of Big Data systems, and will be a Platinum sponsor of the event series. Additional corporate sponsors include Appfluent, Informatica, NetApp, Pentaho, Syncsort and Think Big Analytics.
"Enterprise customers today face challenges in transitioning their big data systems from concept to pilot to production," said Manoj Suvarna, Director of Product Management, Converged Application Systems, HP. "HP and Cloudera are collaborating to deliver HP AppSystem for Apache Hadoop, an enterprise ready platform built with management capabilities to seamlessly scale that is easy to deploy in the data center."
"Organizations face a big challenge today: the amount and variety of the data they collect is exploding. The systems they've been using for years to store and analyze data aren't up to the challenge that tidal wave represents. They're too expensive to scale up and weren't designed for the new data complexity," said Mike Olson, CEO of Cloudera. "We are entering a new era of data management where Asking Bigger Questions based on access to all of a company's data assets becomes a business imperative. The Cloudera Sessions offer an inside track, based on our experience as the proven market leader in Apache Hadoop, on how to build and use a next generation data management platform. We're very pleased to be teaming with HP and our other corporate sponsors to provide a setting for real-world knowledge sharing about Hadoop and Big Data. This is a chance to learn and to meet other practitioners across North America."
For more information, the full schedule or to register for The Cloudera Sessions, visit: http://go.cloudera.com/cloudera_sessions_home.html/
Connect with Cloudera
Read the blog: http://www.cloudera.com/blog/
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera