Equinox Minerals Limited
TSX : EQN
ASX : EQN

Equinox Minerals Limited

September 11, 2007 15:30 ET

Equinox Completes Lumwana Copper Hedging Program

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 11, 2007) -

NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S.

Equinox Minerals Limited (TSX:EQN)(ASX:EQN) ("Equinox" or the "Company") is pleased to report that it has completed the Lumwana Copper Hedging Program as required under its Debt Finance Facilities. Under these facility documents, Equinox has hedged 30% of the initial 3 years of expected Lumwana copper production.

Commenting, Craig Williams, Equinox President and CEO said: "This program completes all of our hedging requirements and underpins the first three years of Lumwana production. With only 15% of planned production committed by forwards, the program leaves the balance 85% exposed to the upside of a rising copper price."



Lumwana Copper Hedging Program details summarized in the following table:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMMARY OF HEDGING POSITIONS

----------------------------------------------------------------
DEFERRED PREMIUM
FORWARDS PUTS(1) TOTAL
----------------------------------------------------------------
Production
% of
Months Tonnage Avg Price Tonnage Avg Strike Tonnage Prodn Avg Price
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 08 to
Dec 08 5,000 $6,323.50 17,625 $6,581.12 22,625 30% $6,524.19
5 months ($2.87 per ($2.99 per ($2.96 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 09 to
June 09 14,430 $6,089.12 14,105 $6,199.94 28,535 30% $6,143.90
6 months ($2.76 per ($2.81 per ($2.79 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 09 to
Dec 09 12,615 $5,801.29 11,710 $5,816.54 24,325 30% $5,808.63
6 months ($2.63 per ($2.64 per ($2.64 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 10 to
June 10 17430(2) $5,753.00 12,000 $5,760.46 29,430 30% $5,756.04
6 months ($2.61 per ($2.61 per ($2.61 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 10 to
Dec 10 15,990 $5,471.17 12,000 $5,469.75 27,990 30% $5,470.56
6 months ($2.48 per ($2.48 per ($2.48 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 11 2,950 $5,323.00 1,000 $5,307.50 3,950 30% $5,319.08
1 month ($2.42 per ($2.41 per ($2.41 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
68,415 $5,790.08 68,440 $6,014.38 136,855 30% $5,902.25
($2.63 per ($2.73 per ($2.68 per
lb) lb) lb)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The average deferred premium per tonne for the deferred premium puts is
$1,266.

2. Quantity 1,090 tonnes are yet to be completed. Table data assumes
completion at ordered prices.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lumwana, owned 100% by Equinox, is located in the North Western Province of the Republic of Zambia. The Lumwana mine expects to produce an average of 169,000 tonnes of copper metal per year contained in concentrates for the first 6 years of its 37 year mine life. Construction remains on schedule for commissioning in Q2 2008.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors of Equinox:

Craig R. Williams-President & Chief Executive Officer

For information on Equinox and technical details on the Lumwana Project please refer to the company website at www.equinoxminerals.com.

Cautionary Language and Forward Looking Statements

This press release contains "forward-looking statements", which are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Investors are cautioned that such statements are not guarantees of future performance and results. Risks and uncertainties about the Company's business are more fully discussed in the Company's disclosure documents filed from time to time with the Canadian and Australian securities authorities.

ARBN 108 066 986

Contact Information