LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Oct. 16, 2012) - New health and wellness market research from Euromonitor International now covers 54 countries, each with over 400 health and wellness categories. This new research offers access to some of the fastest growing markets including Latin America and Africa and the Middle East.
Ewa Hudson, Global Head of Health and Wellness Market Research for Euromonitor explains: "We are expanding our research to countries that have a growing interest in health and wellness products. The recent changes in regulation in Latin America or the booming ready-to-drink green tea market in Asia clearly show that consumers are increasingly seeking to be healthier. We want to capture the emerging trends in global healthy eating."
- The Philippines: has the highest consumption of fortified functional concentrates in Asia.
- Singapore: Naturally healthy high fibre bread makes up 56% of total health and wellness bread in 2012.
- South Africa: In November 2011, Super Fruit became the first nectar concentrate with a vitamin-fortified variant in its range.
- Argentina: Natural mineral bottled water (5% CAGR, 2007-2012) is one of the fastest growing categories in soft drinks.
- Chile: Retail value share of digestive health continues to rise to reach 22% of fortified/functional packaged food.
- Peru: The average Peruvian drinks 5 liters of sports drinks per year, posting the highest per capita consumption in Latin America.
- Israel: Diet Nestea continues to gain grounds in Israeli reduced sugar RTD tea to reach a 70% value share in 2011.
- Slovakia: Fortified/functional beverages sales are led by bottled water, accounting for over 40% of value sales in 2012.
For more information on Euromonitor's Health and Wellness research please visit:
About Euromonitor International
Euromonitor International is the world's leading provider for global business intelligence and strategic market analysis. We have 40 years of experience publishing international market reports, business reference books and online databases on consumer markets.
We deliver market research solutions to support strategic planning for today's increasingly international business environment. Our research offers in-depth market analysis on consumer goods and services industries worldwide, as well as economic, demographic and socio-economic data and insight on countries and consumers.
Euromonitor International is headquartered in London, with regional offices in Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Santiago, Dubai, Cape Town, Tokyo, Sydney and Bangalore, and has a network of over 800 analysts worldwide.
About Passport: Health and Wellness
Euromonitor International's Passport: Health and Wellness market research database now features wider geographic coverage, new categories and extended channels, highlighting new geographic opportunities for multinational players.
The newly-researched markets include:
Asia-Pacific: Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
Australasia: New Zealand
Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine
Latin America: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru
Middle East and Africa: Egypt, Israel, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE
Western Europe: Turkey, Portugal