DUBLIN, IRELAND--(Marketwired - Aug. 19, 2014) - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4xzn6w/otc_distribution) has announced the addition of the "OTC Distribution in Europe: Meeting the New Challenges - New Expanded 2014 Edition" report to their offering.
OTC Distribution in Europe - the 2014 much expanded edition is an in-depth strategic analysis that defines and explores the main themes of change running through the European region and shows how they will influence consumer healthcare manufacturers' channel strategies. It provides a wealth of knowledge covering 22 European markets.
Expanded to include the new fast growing markets - Bulgaria and Romania
OTC Distribution in Europe is a study of the factors driving change and presenting challenges and opportunities to manufacturers. It includes analysis and discussion of European and national statutory and regulatory developments; healthcare supply chain economics; evolving formal and informal channel structures; distribution channel competitors' market shares, linkages and groupings.
OTC Distribution in Europe is an exploration of changes in manufacturer, retail customer and shopper needs and the unfolding strategies required by healthcare companies to adapt and lead Europe's self-medication markets.
OTC Distribution in Europe provides insights and understanding of inter-channel rivalries between pharmacy and the mass market operators and the need for retail pharmacy chains or voluntary groups to force the pace of innovation. This is needed to challenge emerging competing channels including supermarkets, mail order pharmacies and the Internet.
Among the issues that will influence supplier strategies are:
- Game changer mergers and strategic alliances putting procurement on a global scale
- Major innovative developments led by Europe wide Multi-channel retail pharmacy brands driven by global retailers
- The restructuring of the pharmaceutical supply chain and the reduction in the points along it based on increasing cost efficiencies and maximizing competitiveness
- Continued reregulation of retail channels and the growth of mail order and cross-border Internet pharmacies
- The growing importance of mixed estates of retail pharmacy groupings evolving into Europe-wide hybrid chains that overcome national restrictions on pharmacy ownership
- Mass market retailers' ambitions to capture a share of the pharmacy market through products licensed for sale in non-pharmacy outlets and the acquisition of pharmacy licenses
- The economics of Russian pharmacies and the impact of new tax reforms on groups
- The expansion of international retailers from Central and Eastern Europe into the European consumer health and beauty markets
- New distributor strategies shaping the Russian healthcare supply chain
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Distribution Of OTC Medicines In Europe - Introduction, Market Definitions And Summary Of Key Issues
Chapter 2 European Pharmacy Channels Entering A Global Era
Chapter 3 Profiles Of Companies Driving The European Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
Chapter 4 Growth Of New Channels For Consumer Healthcare In Europe
Chapter 5 OTC Distribution In Belgium
Chapter 6 OTC Distribution In France
Chapter 7 OTC Distribution In Germany
Chapter 8 OTC Distribution In Italy
Chapter 9 OTC Distribution In The Netherlands
Chapter 10 OTC Distribution In Spain
Chapter 11 OTC Distribution In The United Kingdom
Chapter 12 OTC Distribution In Austria & Switzerland
Chapter 13 OTC Distribution In The Nordic Region
Chapter 14 OTC Distribution In Central & Eastern Europe - Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania, And Ukraine Poland
Chapter 15 OTC Distribution In The Russian Federation
Chapter 16 Conclusions Of The Report Meeting The Challenge Of Globalisation OTC Distribution In Europe
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4xzn6w/otc_distribution
Over 400 of the Fortune 500 buy their research from Research and Markets. Some of our clients in the area of Pharmaceuticals include:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis International AG.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Genentech Inc.
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Novo Nordisk
- IGEN Biotech Group AG
- Sanofi S.A.
- Allergan, Inc.
- FORUM Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Bain & Company
- Nestlé Health Science
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- DBV Technologies SA
- Chimerix, Inc.