VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 14, 2012) - Executive Search Dating, Vancouver's #1 personalized matchmaker for local singles and professionals, knows that the holidays aren't always a joyous time for Vancouver singles. Why? Because the festive holiday cheer also comes complete with the most dreaded of all family questions: 'Why are you still single?"
"To date or not to date, that is the question," says Paddi Rice, President and Founder of Executive Search Dating. "Both are actually perfectly good options! It's peak party season for those that do want to mingle, but it's also a great time to take a break and recharge your 'dating batteries'."
Here are the top 5 tips for those who DO want to date over the holidays:
- 'Tis the season to party: the holidays are peak party season, so what better time to meet someone new - and everyone's in their best holiday mood.
- Do the office party circuit: tag along to a friend's office party and meet some fellow professionals without any of the awkwardness of dancing with your boss.
- The gift that keeps on giving: the holidays come equipped with the year's best approach line: 'Merry Christmas'. Use it early and often at a party and you'll find your Christmas social life heating up quickly.
- Host a tree decorating party: invite some friends and their single friends to bring a tree ornament to your place in exchange for some eggnog and Christmas cheer - as a bonus, you'll end up with the prettiest Christmas tree on the block.
- Meet in December, date in January: saving your date until after the holidays avoids the stress of 'meeting the family', plus you'll have at least one thing to look forward to in January!
Here are the top 5 tips for those who DON'T want to date over the holidays:
- Reconnect and recharge: tell your family and friends that your focus this holiday season is on renewing your bonds with them, and being rested and restored for the New Year.
- Get out of town: book a cheap getaway to someplace warm and fun. You'll come back with both a tan and a positive attitude to start the New Year.
- Fill up your own stocking: make this the year that you finally get a gift you want - splurge on yourself with a day at the spa or an awesome day of skiing.
- Give back and get back: do some community and volunteer work over the holidays. It will make you feel good about yourself, which is first step towards successful dating.
- Take back Christmas: ignore the commercialized holiday hype, and see the holidays for what they are - the perfect season to meet other 'holiday season refugees'.
Executive Search Dating (www.ExecutiveSearchDating.com), is a professional matchmaking service founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2004 by Paddi Rice. Modeled after the Executive Search recruiting industry, Executive Search Dating matches their client base both with existing clients AND with headhunts who are selected specifically for them.
Executive Search Dating Media Centre: (http://www.executivesearchdating.com/media.html)