GRAPEVINE, TX--(Marketwired - August 04, 2016) - GameStop, (NYSE: GME) a family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple, will be rocking the Anaheim Convention Center on September 14 by inviting gaming fans to experience the future of gaming during its annual GameStop Expo. From playing the new Sony PlayStation VR, to many of the soon-to-be released titles, gaming fans of all ages will get first-hand access to game demos, activities, and more than 100 exhibitors.
This year, leading companies from the video gaming, virtual reality, collectibles, and mobile electronics industries will have a presence at the 2016 GameStop EXPO, including:
| || || || || |
| ||Activision | Blizzard|| ||PDP|| |
| ||Astro Gaming|| ||Razer|| |
| ||Bathesda|| ||Sony PlayStation®|| |
| ||Bandai Namco|| ||Square Enix|| |
| ||Capcom|| ||2K|| |
| ||EA|| ||Turtle Beach|| |
| ||Elgato|| ||Ubisoft|| |
| ||Mad Catz|| ||Valve|| |
| ||Microsoft Xbox|| ||WB Games|| |
| ||Nintendo|| || || |
| || || || || |
Attendees of the show will have the opportunity to demo virtual reality on PlayStation®VR before the product is released. Fans will also have the opportunity to explore the EXPO's 300,000 square foot show floor, and meet top game developers, publishers, special guests, and internet celebrities.
Specifically, fans will be able to:
- Discover a new world of unexpected gaming experiences and redefine expectations of immersion in gaming with moments so intense intuition takes over. Step into incredible virtual worlds and overcome new challenges in extraordinary ways with PSVR before it launches on October 13.
- Experience the future of motorsports by playing on the PlayStation 4, Gran Turismo Sport, the definitive motor racing experience.
- Play the hottest titles coming exclusively to Xbox One and Windows PC such as Gears of War 4, and Forza Horizon 3.
- Survive the zombie outbreak by playing upcoming Xbox One exclusive, Dead Rising 4.
- Get an early look at all of the new Xbox One and Designed for Xbox products prior to their release.
- Visit the Activision booth to play the recently-revealed multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The game is scheduled for worldwide release on November 4th on PlayStation® 4 system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC. Playable stations of Destiny: Rise of Iron, releasing on September 20th, will also be featured in addition to a photo op with the Destiny Sparrow.
- Get hands-on with Titanfall 2, winner of the official E3 2016 Game Critics award for Best Online Multiplayer. Delivering its signature Pilot and Titan gameplay, experience the fast, fluid multiplayer that is sure to push the genre forward.
- Experience the dawn of all-out war in Battlefield 1, with varied weapons and vehicles, the new intuitive destruction and dynamic weather systems, and multiplayer action on an epic scale.
- Play all of the biggest games coming from EA SPORTS with Madden NFL 17, FIFA 17 and NHL 17.
- Stop by the Capcom booth for the perfect blend of fun and terror! Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is ready to scare fans while delivering a deep, immersive game experience. Attendees can also join the Monster Hunter Generations party to work together to take down some of the biggest and baddest monsters ever seen.
- Be one of the first to play Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7, Sword Art Online Hollow Realization and more.
Additionally, GameStop will be hosting a live broadcast, powered by Razer, on Twitch, the world's leading social video platform and community for gamers at www.Twitch.tv/GameStop. The show will be hosted by Kinda Funny, live from the 2016 GameStop EXPO show floor on Wednesday, September 14. More details, including the full schedule will be available in September.
Registration for GameStop EXPO 2016 is now open, with options including:
- General admission passes for $40*
- A limited number of VIP** passes for $110, which includes:
- Early access to the show floor
- VIP lounge access to recharge your body and devices
- Exclusive swag bag of gaming goodies
- Student passes for $20, available on-site only starting at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Tickets can be purchased using PowerUp Rewards™ points or by credit card online at www.GameStop.com/EXPO and at your local GameStop store.
* Attendees must be 17 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult. Some activities or games may feature mature content. Exhibitors reserve the right to censor content for guests under the age of 17 even when a consenting parent or guardian is present.
** Adults who purchase VIP tickets do NOT have to purchase a VIP ticket for their children under the age of 17. Purchase a general admission ticket for your child and he/she will be allowed to accompany you to all VIP events. With this option General Admission children will not receive VIP swag bag.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, omnichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 7,000 stores across 14 countries. The company's consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world's leading print and digital video game publication; and ThinkGeek, www.thinkgeek.com, the premier retailer for the global geek community featuring exclusive and unique video game and pop culture products. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes Simply Mac and Spring Mobile stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 74 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, www.springmobile.com, sells all of AT&T's products and services, including DIRECTV through its 1,421 AT&T branded stores and offers pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories through its 70 Cricket branded stores in select markets in the U.S.
General information about GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website. Follow GameStop on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GameStop.