Explorator Resources Inc.

Explorator Resources Inc.

April 18, 2011 22:42 ET

Explorator Resources Inc. Mails Management Information Circular for Special Shareholder Meeting to Vote on Arrangement

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - April 18, 2011) - Explorator Resources Inc. ("Explorator" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:EXO) announces today it has mailed the formal notice, accompanying management information circular, and other related documents in connection with the special meeting of Explorator's shareholders to be held on May 16, 2011. At the meeting, shareholders will be asked to approve the arrangement. A copy of these materials is now available at www.sedar.com.

The Board of Directors of Explorator has unanimously approved the arrangement and recommends that shareholders vote in favour the arrangement. The arrangement is to be completed by way of a statutory plan of arrangement and is subject to customary closing conditions, including the approval of 66Γàö% of the votes cast by Explorator shareholders and a simple majority of the votes cast by Explorator shareholders (other than Sociedad Punta del Cobre S.A.) at a special meeting. The arrangement will also require court approval. Closing will take place soon after Explorator shareholders approve the arrangement and on obtaining the requisite court approval.


A copy of the release, as well as other information related to the Company, is available on the Company's web site at www.explorator.ca and on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.


David Prins, President & CEO Explorator Resources Inc.


Explorator is a Canadian-based mining exploration company with a 49% interest in the El Espino Copper-Gold Project in Chile (the "Project"). Sociedad Punta del Cobre S.A. ("Pucobre") acquired the remaining 51% of the Project in March 2009 in return for an investment of up to US$18.5 million, with US$7.0 million used to exercise the option to purchase agreement on the Project and the remaining funds directed at the continued exploration and evaluation activities.

The Project lies within the prolific copper-gold mineral area of the Cordillera de la Costa, 240 km north of Santiago. An Updated Preliminary Economic Assessment (see press release dated Jan 24, 2011) defined the potential for an average annual payable production of 120 million pounds of copper and 61,000 ounces of gold over a 13.5 year mine life (life-of-mine payable production of 1.621 billion lbs copper and 828,000 oz. gold) at an average cash cost for the base case of US$1.02/lb, net of gold credits (based on a gold price of US$1,059/oz.)

Explorator and Pucobre have entered into an acquisition agreement whereby a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pucobre (see press release on the Companies or the SEDAR web site dated March 25, 2011), have offered to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Explorator that Pucobre does not already own for $0.685 in cash per share. The acquisition cost to Pucobre will be approximately $55 million for approximately 83% of the Company, on a fully-diluted basis (and assuming the cashless exercise or acquisition of all options and warrants that are in the money). All amounts are in Canadian dollars, unless otherwise noted.


Certain statements contained in this news release may contain forward-looking information within the meaning of Canadian securities laws. Such forward-looking information are identified by words such as "estimates", "intends", "expects", "believes", "may", "will" and included, without limitation, statements regarding the company's plan of business operations, production levels and costs, potential contractual arrangements and the delivery of equipment, receipt of working capital, anticipated revenues, mineral reserve and mineral resource estimates, and projected expenditures. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate; actual results and future events could differ materially from such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, among others, metal prices, risks inherent in the mining industry, financing risks, labour risks, uncertainty of mineral reserve and resource estimates, equipment and supply risks, regulatory risks and environmental concerns. Most of these factors are outside the control of the company. Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking information. Except as otherwise required by applicable securities statutes or regulation, the company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information

  • Explorator Resources Inc.
    David Prins
    President & CEO
    +56 2 793-4925