NEW YORK, NY and PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwire - Jan 29, 2013) - Exterro®, the leading provider of unified electronic discovery software, today unveiled the newest advancements to the Exterro Fusion® e-discovery suite. Highlighted by automatic document categorization, wiki/web collections, advanced file handling, data analytics and expanded managed services capabilities, more than 100 upgrades are being featured this week in Exterro's booth, #130, at LegalTech New York 2013. The advancements are in direct response to client and market demand for greater control of the data and processes involved in managing e-discovery and related information governance actions.
"Today's enterprises are demanding improved systems, better intelligence and faster access to potentially relevant evidence much earlier in the process," said Ted Gary, senior product marketing manager at Exterro. "The ability of Exterro Fusion to unify all phases of e-discovery, integrate existing IT investments and deliver advanced predictive technologies via a single platform delivers unique advantage to our clients. These most recent upgrades demonstrate our ongoing commitment to technology innovation and proactive e-discovery management."
Bolstering Data Management in E-Discovery
Last fall, Exterro became the first software provider to deliver predictive technologies for application prior to e-discovery review. Fusion Predictive Intelligence™ enables corporations to significantly reduce data volumes with advanced machine learning across multiple phases of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM). In this newest release, the data management capabilities in Exterro Fusion have been bolstered with the following advancements:
- Automatic Document Categorization - Exterro Fusion's Automatic Document Categorization feature employs advanced analytics to increase legal efficiency and reduce risk by assigning pre-defined labels, or tags, to documents at the time of collection. Legal teams can leverage the technology for both legal and compliance purposes, such as culling irrelevant documents for faster identification of potentially relevant evidence; uncovering sensitive documents that contain personally identifiable information, such as social security numbers; and protecting documents that are likely privileged.
- Wiki/Web Collector - Fusion users can now capture text from online information portals, including Wikis and corporate intranet sites during in-place early case assessment (ECA) and collection.
- Advanced File Handling - Fusion's powerful file handling capabilities have been bolstered with new connectors and integrations. Exterro Fusion now supports direct ingestion of forensic files into the ESI Vault; a new Fusion Zeta File Utility™ for unlocking encrypted and password-protected documents, and new connectors for accessing archiving and data storage systems, including Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Data Analytics - Data analytics in Exterro Fusion have advanced to provide greater insight into potentially relevant evidence. Users can now easily identify evidence that has been deleted or changed during both pre- and post-collection phases with new ESI comparison reports. Expanded keyword hit reports facilitate the automatic identification of evidence by both relevancy and quantity.
- Expanded Managed Services Capabilities - To meet the growing need for managed e-discovery services, the processing and production capabilities in Exterro Fusion have been expanded to include smart custodian ingestion, detailed production settings, advanced load file settings and the ability to include ancestors in the production set.
"There is a growing movement in e-discovery from reactive to proactive information governance," said David Horrigan, attorney and analyst covering e-discovery and information governance at 451 Research. "Exterro's strength lies in its ability to apply repeatable workflows and proactive intelligence throughout the litigation lifecycle. Applying predictive technologies and proactive intelligence across the EDRM is an important consideration as many vendors focus on post-collection e-discovery."
Exterro's newest advancements are immediately available. Exterro is offering demonstrations of its advanced e-discovery suite this week at LegalTech New York 2013, taking place at the Hilton New York, in booth #130. More information on the full capabilities of Exterro Fusion is available on the company's website here.
Exterro, Inc. is the leading provider of unified e-discovery software. The proven Exterro Fusion® software suite delivers a 360-degree view into the critical data and workflows required for defensibly and proactively managing e-discovery across the EDRM spectrum. The innovative suite of e-discovery applications built on the Fusion platform unifies all phases of e-discovery -- from identification, legal hold and early case assessment (ECA) to collection, processing, analysis, review and production. Fusion's open architecture integrates seamlessly with existing business processes and enterprise infrastructures. To learn more, visit www.exterro.com.