SOURCE: Favored Inc.

December 04, 2006 16:05 ET

Favored® Inc. Provides Solution for Distillers Dried Grain From Ethanol Industry

WEST LAFAYETTE, IN -- (MARKET WIRE) -- December 4, 2006 -- FAVORED® Inc. (PINKSHEETS: FVRD) Dr. Claude Page, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of FAVORED® Inc., announced today that as FAVORED® Inc. and other Corn producers continue to supply the burgeoning Ethanol Industry, sourcing specialty markets for the Distillers Dried Grain by-products will become more of an issue.

Dr. Page of FAVORED® Inc. stated, "The move to renewal energy thru corn is only a first step in self-sufficiency in fuels. The demand for corn inputs presents a deluge of co-product of Distillers Dried Grain {DDG}, which FAVORED® has addressed. Our Patented Closed Loop System of 'Seed to Plate' enables FAVORED® to capture and utilize these by-products, which previously could have been underutilized. FAVORED® currently sources specialty markets for Distillers Dried Grain within our own Patented Closed Loop System or externally for re-sale. This represents another center for profit and revenue stream for FAVORED®."

He continued, "FAVORED® has successfully developed an Identity Preserved run of Non-Genetically Modified Distillers Dried Grain, {Non GMO} for specific customer requirements." Dr. Page said it wasn't without cost and effort, but it validated the system we have developed and will be more significant as further co-products are identified. FAVORED® derives 17 LBS of DDG per bushel of corn.

About Ethanol

Ethanol is a clean-burning, high-octane fuel that is produced from renewable sources. At its most basic, ethanol is grain alcohol, produced from crops such as corn. Because it is domestically produced, ethanol helps reduce America's dependence upon foreign sources of energy.

To read more about Ethanol and the global impact Ethanol will have, please visit the website of the American Coalition for Ethanol at

About Distillers Grains By-products

The ethanol industry is one of the most rapidly growing segments of U.S. agriculture. Approximately 40% of fuel ethanol is produced by wet-mills; these plants produce wet or dried corn gluten feed, corn gluten meal and corn germ meal as the primary by-products. Dry-grind ethanol plants represent the fastest growing segment of the fuel ethanol industry in the U.S., and produce the majority (60%) of fuel ethanol.

The Value and Use of Distillers Grains By-products in Livestock and Poultry Feeds

Of these dry-grind ethanol plant by-products, distillers grains with solubles (DDGS) are the predominant by-product being marketed domestically. Several relatively new ethanol plants were designed and built without dryers. As a result, approximately 40% of the distillers' grains with solubles are marketed as a wet by-product for use in dairy operations and beef cattle feedlots. The remaining 60% of distillers grains with solubles is dried (DDGS) and marketed domestically and internationally for use in dairy, beef, swine and poultry feeds. More than 8 million metric tonnes of distillers grains with solubles will be produced in the year 2006. Some industry experts are predicting that distillers by-product production will reach 10 to 14 million metric tonnes within the next few years. Corn is the primary grain used in wet mills and dry-grind ethanol plants because of its high fermentable starch content compared to other feedstocks. There are a wide variety of ethanol by-products available to livestock and poultry producers, but they vary in nutrient content, quality, and feeding value.

About FAVORED® Inc.

The all-natural FAVORED® System delivers food products that carry the assurance of being completely traceable from origin to consumer (from "seed to plate"). Its patent pending system focuses on those traits that today's consumers desire; products free from growth hormones and antibiotics and produced with only non genetically modified feed rations.

For more information about FAVORED® Inc, please visit us at: and

This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements can be identified by the lead-in "Looking Forward." These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve significant risks and uncertainties. Actual results may vary materially from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of the effectiveness of management's strategies and decisions, general economic and business conditions, new or modified statutory or regulatory requirements, and changing price and market conditions.

Contact Information