CHATHAM, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Dec. 19, 2016) - Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
Manufacturers need access to the right tools and equipment to grow and succeed.
Today, Peter Fragiskatos, Member of Parliament for London North Centre, announced that Dajcor Aluminum Ltd. will receive an investment of up to $2.48 million from FedDev Ontario to increase production capacity at its Chatham facility. This announcement was made on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for FedDev Ontario.
Dajcor Aluminum manufactures aluminum components for a variety of sectors including automotive, light rail transit, construction and many others.
This repayable contribution, through FedDev Ontario's Investing in Business Growth and Productivity initiative, will help Dajcor Aluminum adopt innovative technologies and enhance its facilities. With the upgrades, the company will be able to manufacture more complex and high-quality aluminum components such as transit door assemblies, ventilation systems and LED light enclosures. Dajcor Aluminum will also be able to diversify and expand into new global markets.
This investment will positively impact the metal and chemical supply chains as Dajcor Aluminum purchases most of its supplies from Ontario vendors.
The Government's Innovation Agenda aims to make Canada a global centre for innovation - one that creates jobs, drives growth across all industries and improves the lives of all Canadians - including hardworking manufacturers. This investment is a prime example of that vision in action.
"Today's investment will enable Dajcor Aluminum Ltd. to diversify and expand its products as well as create good quality jobs for Canadians. Supporting our industries helps our economy and ensures we remain at the forefront of innovation."
- Peter Fragiskatos, Member of Parliament for London North Centre
"Investing in Dajcor Aluminum Ltd. is a good example of how the government is helping innovative companies meet growing market demand, while creating jobs and increasing export opportunities in southern Ontario."
- The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister Responsible for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
"This investment by FedDev Ontario allows Dajcor Aluminum to accelerate its growth plans to capture present and future business and provide increased employment opportunities in Chatham-Kent."
- Mike Kilby, President, Dajcor Aluminum Ltd.
- Dajcor Aluminum Ltd., a one-stop supplier of custom-made and processed aluminum products and components, was named 2015 Industry of the Year by the Chatham-Kent Chamber of Commerce.
- The company has grown from 20 full-time employees in 2010 to its current complement of 154 employees, with 20 full-time jobs expected to be created as a result of this project.
- This investment will support the total project cost of $10.3 million, leveraging $1.02 million from the provincial government and $6.8 million in private sector investment.
Investing in Business Growth and Productivity initiative
Dajcor Aluminum Ltd.
Subscribe to our news updates and follow us on Twitter @FedDevOntario