MISSISSAUGA, ON--(Marketwired - May 09, 2014) - FedEx Express Canada and the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness (CCAA) are delivering some cheer to women who have been abused, by delivering care packages to more than 600 women in shelters across Canada for Mother's Day.
This initiative is part of FedEx Express Canada's ongoing work with CCAA, an organization dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and adult victimization.
"Women whose lives have been affected by abuse need a fresh start. Many have never had careers or positive role models that can guide or help them to integrate into the workplace," said Lisa Lisson, president of FedEx Express Canada. "We are proud to support CCAA in their mission to reduce the incidence and impact of abuse in Canada," she added.
The care packages will be delivered in time for Mother's Day. Each package contains cosmetics items for the women at 30 shelters:
- Dawson City Women's Shelter, Dawson City
- Kaushee's Place / Yukon Women's Transition House, Whitehorse
- Help and Hope for Families Society, Watson Lake
North West Territories:
- Hay River Family Support Centre, Hay River
- YWCA/Qimaavik Women's Shelter, Iqaluit
- Kataujaq Society Safe Shelter, Rankin Inlet
- North Peace Community Resources, Fort St. John
- Han Knakst Tsitxw Society Transition House, Lytton
- Kamloops Women's Emergency Shelter, Kamloops
- Island Crisis Care Society, Nanaimo
- Mary Dover House, Calgary
- Peace River Women's Shelter, Peace River
- Odyssey House, Grand Prairie
- Qu'Appel Haven Safe Shelter, Fort Qu'Appelle
- Piwapan Women's Centre, La Ronge
- Sofia House, Regina
- North End's Women's Centre, Winnipeg
- Alpha House, Winnipeg
- First Nation Healing Centre, Koostatak
- Crossroads for Women, Moncton
- Sussex Vale Transition House, Sussex
- Maison de Passage House, Bathurst
- Maison Notre Dame, Campbellton
- Alice Housing, Dartmouth
- Autumn House, Amherst
Prince Edward Island:
- East Prince Family Violence Prevention Services, Summerside
- Rainbow Residence, Summerside
- Chief Mary Bernard Memorial Women's Shelter, Lennox Island
- Corner Brook Transition House, Corner Brook
- Iris Kirby House, St. John's
Photographs of the deliveries will be available on request.
About FedEx and the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness
FedEx provides funding for CCAA and Delivering Hope, a program which provides workshop sessions and makeovers to abused women who are working towards a new beginning. FedEx also provides shipping of product for parents and their children to a variety of social service agencies including shelters, children's aid and other family support agencies. In addition, thousands of FedEx employees across Canada have participated in our annual holiday drive in support of CCAA, donating thousands of items such as gift certificates, toys, games and personal care items that have been distributed to local shelters and social service agencies to benefit abused children and their families.
About FedEx Express Canada
Federal Express Canada Ltd. is a global logistics and transportation company offering domestic and international shipping and electronic commerce solutions. The company uses advanced package status tracking systems, automated customs clearance services and a dedicated air and ground transportation network to serve Canadian and global markets. FedEx Express Canada employs approximately 6,000 people in over 70 facilities coast-to-coast. For more information, visit fedex.ca.
About the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness
CCAA has, for the past 21 years, been working to reduce the incidence and impact of abuse in Canada. The Centre works with over 130 social agencies across Canada and is a voice for Canadians who want stronger and safer communities. Please visit www.abusehurts.com.