ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - November 15, 2016) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on November 10 issued a solicitation for armed uniformed security services in Austin, Houston, and Bon Weir, Texas.
In its solicitation, FEMA included the following information about the services the contractor will provide:
- Level II Armed Uniformed Security guards at FEMA Joint Field Office, 1611 Headway Circle #2, Austin, TX 78754 for at least two months, with an option to extend services on a month-to-month basis. The guard will work from Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Level II Armed Uniformed Security guards at FEMA Joint Field Office, 550 Greens Parkway, Houston TX, 77067 from December 1, 2016 through December 16, 2016, with an option to extend services thereafter. from Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Level II Armed Uniformed Security guards at FEMA MHU Staging Yard, 1429 Private Road 8225, Bon Weir, TX, 75298 for at least two months, with an option to extend services on a month-to-month basis. One guard will work from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. on Monday; another guard will work Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Interested contractors must be able to fulfill the contract beginning on or about December 1, 2016.
The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 561612 with a small business size standard of $20.5 million. FEMA intends to award the contract(s) to certified small businesses.
FEMA reserves the right to cease part or all of services and/or adjust hours and days, though it indicated in its solicitation that it will give the contractor(s) at least one-week notice.
For this solicitation, FEMA intends to conduct an online competitive reverse auction to be facilitated by the third-party reverse auction provider, FedBid, Inc. FEMA is taking this action in an effort to improve both vendor access and awareness of requests and the agency's ability to gather multiple, competed, real-time bids. Bid must be good for 30 calendar days after close of buy. Responses are due by no later than November 18.
The selected Offeror must comply with the following commercial item terms and conditions, which are incorporated herein by reference: FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition; FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items - the selected offeror must submit a completed copy of the listed representations and certifications; FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items; FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items, paragraph (a) and the following clauses in paragraph (b): 52.222-21, 52.222-26, 52.222-35, 52.222-36, 52.222-37, 52.225-13, 52.232-34. The full text of the referenced FAR clauses may be accessed electronically at https://www.acquisition.gov/far/.
This procurement is set aside for Texas-based bidders only residing within disaster declaration DR-4266-and 4269 TX (state of Texas) as defined by FAR 52.226-3c. If the offeror does not meet representation criteria of FAR 52.226-3c, he shall furnish documentation to support its representation IAW FAR 52.226-3d if he intends to represent himself as a Texas-based bidder.
FEMA will evaluate bids based on the following criteria:
- Management Approach/Quality Control
- Relevant Past Performance
To receive the contract, contractors must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) database, and have as part of the Registration all current Representations and Certifications.
US Federal Contractor Registration, the world's largest third-party government registration firm, completes the required Registrations on behalf of its clients. It also makes available information about opportunities like this, as well as training on how to locate, research, and respond to opportunities.
For more information, to get started with a SAM registration, or to learn more about how US Federal Contractor Registration can help your business succeed, call 877-252-2700, ext. 1.