TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 26, 2013) - Feronia Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FRN) ("Feronia" or "the Company") is pleased to announce that its arable farming operation in the Democratic Republic of Congo ("DRC") has become an approved supplier to Heineken N.V. ("Heineken") in the DRC.
Under Heineken's "Supplier Code", suppliers must adhere to Heineken's values, policies and principles which cover areas including human rights, professional conduct, equality, child labour, the environment and health & safety.
Ravi Sood, Chairman of Feronia Inc., commented: "Achieving approved supplier status with Heineken is a significant milestone for our operation. We look forward to providing a high-quality, 100% locally produced product to this highly regarded international counterparty with complete transparency on an ongoing basis."
About Feronia Inc.
- Feronia Inc. is a large-scale commercial farmland and plantation operator in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ("DRC").
- The Company uses modern agricultural practices to operate and develop its oil palm plantations and arable farming business division.
- Feronia believes in the immense agricultural potential of the DRC for high-quality foodstuffs and edible oils given its ideal climate, excellent soil and highly skilled and experienced workforce.
- Feronia's management team is comprised of senior agriculturalists with extensive experience in managing both plantations and large-scale mechanized farming operations in emerging markets.
- Feronia is committed to sustainable agriculture, environmental protection and providing support for local communities.
- For more information please see www.feronia.com.
Except for statements of historical fact contained herein, the information in this press release constitutes "forward-looking information" within the meaning of Canadian securities law. Such forward-looking information may be identified by words such as "plans", "proposes", "estimates", "intends", "expects", "believes", "may" and "will". There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate; actual results and future events could differ materially from such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, among others, regulatory risks, risks inherent in foreign operations, commodity prices, competition and investments having no history of operations. Most of these factors are outside the control of the Company. Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking information. Except as otherwise required by applicable securities statutes or regulation, the Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.