SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 16, 2016) - TechCode, a global network of startup incubators and entrepreneur ecosystems, today announces the first cohort for its new accelerator program named the Global AI+ Accelerator. The accelerator will help startups build their product, streamline their supply chain, find and hire the right talent, syndicate and close funding rounds, strengthen their IP portfolio and gain access to global distribution channels.
The cohort comprises fifty startups from ten countries, including the United States, China, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Israel, Korea, Mexico and Spain, who are integrating artificial intelligence in their technology, such as voice recognition, machine learning, natural language processing and more. Some of the participating startups include:
- Calibrate Education, Inc. creates tools that will allow students to learn in new ways and develop a deeper understanding of the subject matter
- Eggcyte builds personal cloud devices that let users store, search and privately share photos and videos
- Jasper is an AI-powered bot which is an evolution from a freelance marketplace into an on-demand recruiting service
- Sereneti Kitchen uses its robotic chef, Cooki, and food ecosystem, Foodi, to help users cook fresh, modern cuisine
- Slick is a motorized 3-axis stabilizer for GoPros, allowing action sports lovers to better capture their experiences
- Smartypans, a 2017 CES Innovation Award honoree, is a pan that computes nutrition, teaches users how to cook and documents recipes via an accompanying mobile app
- Solidface enables teams to create 3D designs, edit and collaborate in real time through its 3D CAD solution
- Sutro monitors water quality in pools or spas and allows users to administer chemicals or connect with a pool technician via a mobile app
- Titanium Falcon is a smart ring that uses motion or gestures to control apps on smart devices
- Yono is the first in-ear basal body temperature thermometer to collect data comfortably and accurately
"International expansion is becoming more of a priority for today's startups, especially within the artificial intelligence field as the technology grows rapidly across the globe," said Luke Tang, Head of the TechCode Global AI+ Accelerator Program. "Our first-of-its-kind accelerator program enables our startups, who are from all over the world, to tap into our global resources to quickly commercialize their technologies and scale up their business. In doing so, we hope to further advance the artificial intelligence industry and help these promising startups find new ways to solve existing problems."
Each startup will also benefit from TechCode's strong connections in China, including its strategic partnership with CFLD, a leader in investment and operation of new industrial Chinese cities. TechCode will help the startups enter the Chinese market and establish relationships with manufacturers and distributors. Additionally, ten of the startups will receive a financial capital investment of at least $50,000 USD, or in their local currency where applicable.
"TechCode's virtual accelerator allows our team to experience all the benefits of a Silicon Valley accelerator and leverage the benefits of Kansas City's growing tech scene at the same time," said Andrew Noel, co-founder at Calibrate Education. "We're taking advantage of all the amazing resources TechCode has to strengthen our technology for teachers and students."
The Global AI+ Accelerator is the second accelerator program launched from the TechCode Silicon Valley office. TechCode has established 16 incubators across the world, including Silicon Valley, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Nanjing and more. To learn more about TechCode's Global AI+ Accelerator visit http://us.techcode.com.
Focusing on incubator operation management and technology startup cultivation, TechCode is committed to building the world's leading entrepreneurship ecosystem. Integrating a wide range of global resources, TechCode has established incubators in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guan, Silicon Valley, Seoul, Tel Aviv and Berlin to help get its startup members on their feet and grow rapidly.
CFLD (China Fortune Land Development Co, Ltd) integrates five resources: industry, university, research, government and finance in over 40 industrial new cities across the world. Depending on the layout of its business partner they pioneer an innovative technology chain including incubation -- acceleration -- industrialization -- commercialization, providing full support to entrepreneurs from the "first step" to "every step" of entrepreneurship to the last mile.