SOURCE: Marriott International
WEST CONSHOHOCKEN, PA--(Marketwired - Oct 21, 2013) - Fall in Philadelphia offers visitors the chance to explore the city at its most beautiful -- and perhaps busiest -- time, with a calendar of festivals and events to cater to everyone from foodies to film buffs. At the Philadelphia Marriott West hotel, guests can enjoy staying in a hotel near Main Line, PA that puts them near Center City and all the major attractions and events.
The city events calendar is chock-full for fall, but highlights include:
* Architecture Walking Tour: Rittenhouse Square East, October 20: Explore the city's most fashionable neighborhood, near this Bryn Mawr College hotel, where modern-day touches sit side-by-side with elegant homes.
* Bird Walk at Valley Forge National Historical Park, October 22: Join local birders on this walk, which takes visitors through three habitats (meadow, edge and woods) where they can hear or see nearly 30 different species.
* The 215 Festival, October 17th through the 20th: Every day of this 12-year literary arts festival visits a different city neighborhood and features notable authors in readings, discussions, signings and more.
* Philadelphia Open Studio Tours, October 19th through the 20th: The region's largest visual arts festival allows guests to visit art studios and work spaces in 22 city neighborhoods, and features self-guided tours, hands-on workshops, exhibitions, artist talks and more.
* Philadelphia Whiskey & Fine Spirits Festival, October 24th: Now in its 10th year, this event highlights spirits from around the globe, from bourbon to tequila, with tastings, one-on-one chats and more.
* Philadelphia Film Festival's Sight and Soundtrack Series, October 17th through the 27th: Catch more than 100 domestic and international short films, documentaries and narrative films at this 22nd annual event.
* Coffee and Tea Festival Philadelphia, November 2nd through 3rd: Catch more than 40 local and national coffee and tea companies as they host pairings, tastings and seminars.
These events and more are happening throughout the fall season and close to this hotel near Villanova University, so whether guests are visiting friends and family who are back at school, in town for business or just looking for a fun city break, the Philadelphia Marriott West offers the perfect stay.
About the Philadelphia Marriott West
At the Philadelphia Marriott West hotel, business guests are close to the Philadelphia Expo Center, Valley Forge Convention Center, Villanova University and major corporations, while vacationers are within easy reach of major attractions including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Liberty Bell Center and the Barnes Foundation. No matter what brings one to this modern hotel, amenities and accommodations that fit the bill can be found here. Guest rooms are stylish and spacious, featuring a desk, ergonomic chair, high-speed Internet access, Keurig coffeemaker, 32-inch plasma screen TV and cozy bed, dressed with a pillow-top mattress, crisp sheets and fluffy duvet. Guests with special needs can opt for a PURE® allergy-friendly room, while a concierge-level room includes private lounge access and upgraded amenities. For health-conscious guests, this West Philadelphia hotel offers an indoor pool and fitness center. For delicious American cuisine in a lively setting, head down to Legends Sports Bar & Grill. Conveniently located between Center City and the Philadelphia International Airport, the Philadelphia Marriott West hotel is ideal for meetings and events, and offers 10,000 square feet of function space.