VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - February 07, 2017) -
Press Release Highlights:
- Finalists will pitch their disruptive technology "shark-tank" style to:
- David Harquail, CEO, Franco-Nevada Corporation
- Robert Herjavec, CEO, Herjavec Group and judge on ABC Television Network's Shark Tank
- Rob McEwen, Chairman & CEO, McEwen Mining
- Todd White, COO, Goldcorp Inc.
- Bernadette Wightman, President, Cisco Canada
- In addition to the $1 million prize on the line from Goldcorp, four judges will represent $100,000 each and will have access to the disruptor deal room
- In total, 153 submissions were received for #DisruptMining
Integra Gold Corp. (TSX VENTURE: ICG) (OTCQX: ICGQF) ("Integra" or the "Company") and Goldcorp Inc. (TSX: G) (NYSE: GG) ("Goldcorp") are pleased to announce the judges for the "shark-tank" style live finale of #DisruptMining at the Carlu on March 5, 2017 in Toronto, Canada. This panel of industry leaders will use their experience, knowledge, and skills to decide which disruptor has the potential to revolutionize the mining sector.
Panelists for the "shark-tank" style live event are:
- David Harquail: Chief Executive Officer, Franco-Nevada Corporation, and benefactor of the Mineral Exploration Research Center ("MERC") located at Laurentian University in Sudbury
- Robert Herjavec: Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Herjavec Group, former investor on CBC's Dragons Den and now Shark on ABC's Shark Tank
- Rob McEwen: Founder of Goldcorp and McEwen Mining, launched the original Goldcorp Challenge
- Todd White: Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Goldcorp and member of the board, Canadian Mining Innovation Council
- Bernadette Wightman: President, Cisco Canada
Each finalist will have 5 minutes to pitch their idea to the panel and demonstrate how their idea or technology has the potential to #DisruptMining. Judges will then have 2 minutes to respond and ask questions.
Goldcorp, represented by judge Todd White, has committed $1,000,000 for a proof of concept at one of its mines or investment in the winning technologies. The remaining four judges will represent $100,000 each. Following each presentation, any judge will have the ability to send a disruptor to the deal room to negotiate an investment.
#DisruptMining is a marquee event during the annual Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada ("PDAC") conference that will showcase disruptive and exponential technologies with the potential to revolutionize the future of mining, from exploration and discovery to production and automation to financing, marketing and sustainability.
Net proceeds from sponsorships and ticket sales at the #DisruptMining finale event will be donated to charities as well as used to create scholarships designed to spur innovation in mining.
Link to #DisruptMining video: https://vimeo.com/195817154
About Integra Gold Corp. www.integragold.com
Integra Gold is a junior gold exploration company advancing projects in Val-d'Or, Québec, one of the top mining jurisdictions in the world. The Company's primary focus is its high-grade Lamaque project.
About Goldcorp Inc. www.goldcorp.com
Goldcorp is a senior gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production from a high-quality portfolio of mines
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Stephen de Jong
CEO & President
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements: Certain disclosures in this release constitute forward-looking statements. In making the forward-looking statements in this release, the Company has applied certain factors and assumptions that are based on the Company's current beliefs as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company, including that the Company is able to obtain any government or other regulatory approvals required to complete the private placement and Company's planned exploration activities, that the Company is able to complete the private placement, that the Company is able to procure personnel, equipment and supplies required for its exploration activities in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis and that actual results of exploration activities are consistent with management's expectations. Although the Company considers these assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available to it, they may prove to be incorrect, and the forward-looking statements in this release are subject to numerous risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause future results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Such risk factors include, among others, that the private placement will not be completed, that actual results of the Company's exploration activities will be different than those expected by management and that the Company will be unable to obtain or will experience delays in obtaining any required government approvals or be unable to procure required equipment and supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to, update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.