SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 14, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- Today, Lovely (www.livelovely.com) launched the Lovely app for iPhone that will change the way you search for an apartment. From the palm of your hand, easily search rental listings from thousands of sources all in one place.
- With Lovely's Smart Search system, let listings find you by turning your favorite searches into alerts, which automatically notify you when new listings hit the market. Never again worry about missing out on a listing and always be the first to contact the property.
- In October 2012, with over two dozen data partners and 285,000 apartment listings, Lovely made its web-based portal available nationwide, extending their services to renters in over 7,500+ cities.
- It's all about speed in the apartment hunt, so Lovely indexes over 50 listings per second behind the scenes from dozens of different data providers to ensure renters get access to the "freshest" set of data.
- Unlike other services, Lovely was built for the iPhone to automatically sync with the Lovely website because users should be able to conduct their apartment search from anywhere and at any time, without needing to start from scratch.
- How does Lovely work?
- Download Lovely to your iPhone
- Enter your search criteria via the filter tab
- Find listings from thousands of sources all on one easy-to-view map
- Easily identify the freshest listings with colored dots indicating time on market
- Create a list of Favorites to save the listings you care about the most, so you can access them from anytime by phone or from a computer
- Turn your favorite searches into push alerts with Lovely Smart Search to get notified as soon as new listings hit the market
- Learn when your saved listings go off the market, so you don't waste time pursuing stale listings
- Found a gem? Email or contact landlords directly with Lovely's template email, and get directions, with one tap
- Lovely was founded by CEO Blake Pierson and President & CTO Doug Wormhoudt in March, 2011 and is backed by notable angel investors, including Keith Rabois, Benjamin Ling, Walter Kortschak, Thomas Byrne, Felicis Ventures and 500 Startups.
Key Industry Statistics and Facts:
- There are more than 40 million renter occupied housing units in the US, which is 33% of the total US population, and more than 15 million renters move every year.1
- Renters outnumber owners in the majority of the US's ten largest cities: 69% of households in New York City, 61.8% in Los Angeles, 55.1% in Chicago, 54.6% in Houston, 51.7% in San Diego and 55.9% in Dallas.1
- A national study of 1,500 renters found that 97 percent, of apartment seekers who used a mobile device in their search process considered it a valuable tool, with 48 percent asserting it as essential.2
Blake Pierson, Founder & CEO, Lovely
"We know from personal experience just how painful it can be to rent an apartment and started this company because we don't think it should have to be that way. For the past year we've focused on giving renters up-to-the-minute access to every rental listing on the market, all in one place. Today, we are proud to extend that experience to the iPhone. Renters can now take their search on-the-go, and with the Lovely Smart Search, turn their favorite searches into push alerts, to get notified as soon as new listings hit the market."
Kartik Hosanagar, Lovely Board Member and Associate Professor of Internet Commerce at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
"In less than a year, Lovely has become San Francisco's preferred apartment search tool -- more than 25 percent of the apartment hunters in the city use it. Lovely has focused on bringing people the easiest, most intuitive and most impactful apartment search offering on the web and now we're making the experience mobile. Lovely is now nationwide and available via an iPhone app -- it's hands down the best tool for apartment hunters -- no matter where they are or what they need."
Lovely (www.livelovely.com) is the first apartment and home rental search service to help renters save time, stay organized and get an edge in their search for a new home. Founded in San Francisco in March 2011, Lovely understands a thing or two about crowded rental markets and provides powerful yet simple tools to help you find the home you love -- saving you time, energy and pain. To find out more, check us out at: www.livelovely.com or download our free, mobile app in the Apple® App Store today.
1. American Community Survey 3 Year Estimates, U.S. Census Bureau, American Rental Housing Survey, Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University: (2009-2011).
2. "Survey reveals mobile devices as valuable apartment hunting tool." HousingZone. March 2012. http://www.housingzone.com/industry-data-research/survey-reveals-mobile-devices-valuable-apartment-hunting-tool