MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 25, 2013) - FireEye®, Inc., the leader in stopping today's new breed of cyber attacks, today announced its threat protection platform designed to help enterprises deploy new security models to counter modern cyber attacks. Many traditional defenses, such as firewalls and anti-virus, are not enough to counter the more advanced nature of today's cyber attacks, leaving the majority of enterprises compromised. The FireEye platform creates a cross-enterprise threat protection fabric using a next-generation threat detection engine, dynamic threat intelligence, and interoperability with a broad ecosystem of more than two dozen technology alliance partners to secure all major threat vectors and enable rapid detection, validation, and response to cyber attacks.
"We constantly monitor the cyber threat landscape and perform in-depth analysis of emerging threats," said Jon Ramsey, chief technology officer at Dell SecureWorks. "The FireEye platform, along with the data it provides, is an integral component of our end-to-end life cycle approach to protecting Dell SecureWorks customers from advanced threats."
The FireEye platform unifies many security technologies to help enterprises modernize their security strategies. The platform is formed by three core components that work in concert:
1. Multi-Vector Virtual Execution™ (MVX) Engine - The MVX engine is designed to capture and confirm today's cyber attacks by detonating Web objects, files, suspicious attachments, and mobile applications within instrumented virtual environments. It is the leading signature-less technology that can be used across threat vectors to automate the discovery and forensic analysis of malicious code resulting in multi-vector dynamic threat intelligence on attacks specific to an organization. By correlating multi-vector dynamic threat intelligence for a particular enterprise, customers can block infiltration mechanisms used by advanced persistent threats (APTs).
2. Dynamic Threat Intelligence™ (DTI) Cloud - Subscribers to the DTI cloud exchange the latest multi-vector threat intelligence on new criminal tactics, developing APT attacks, and malware outbreaks. By exchanging anonymized threat intelligence through the DTI cloud, participants gain contextual visibility of global attacks and can strengthen their collective security with the latest protections and neutralize attacks before they cause catastrophic damage.
3. Partner Interoperability via APIs and Standards-based Threat Intelligence Metadata - Partner integrations utilize the FireEye APIs to address the network visibility, endpoint validation, and enforcement options needed by today's organizations. In addition, FireEye will be publishing a standards-based threat intelligence metadata exchange format that enables FireEye and third-party security solutions to interoperate and automate key cyber security workflows. The metadata format will enumerate malware attributes, actions, and forensics captured in our MVX engine. As a result, customers can better leverage their existing infrastructure and achieve greater security ROI.
"Organizations are looking for an easier way to confirm suspected incidents so they can rapidly resolve them," said Dave Merkel, CTO of Mandiant. "By utilizing our integrated platforms, security teams can connect the dots between what is happening on their network and their endpoints. This eliminates blind spots and creates the complete picture required to fully scope and contain security breaches as they are unfolding."
"Dynamic threat intelligence is critical to combating advanced threats from adversaries that may already be inside your network," said Mark Seward, senior director of security and compliance at Splunk Inc. "The FireEye platform allows malware command and control site detection and can provide attribution as part of your security ecosystem. Splunk software allows a user to take the FireEye data, add context using machine data from other security and business systems, and automate responses as part of an active defense. The combination of FireEye and Splunk allows a long term view of threats and attacks that support changes to business processes and employee awareness."
"FireEye is the security platform organizations can rely upon for protection against today's new breed of cyber attacks," said David DeWalt, FireEye chairman and CEO. "We have enabled flexible options so customers can integrate our dynamic threat intelligence into their existing security infrastructure to automate the threat response and rapidly neutralize today's cyber attacks."
The FireEye Global Industry Alliances Program supports interoperability to build a next-generation threat protection infrastructure based on the FireEye platform. The FireEye program features technology partners in several categories.
- Perimeter - Existing network gateways can be used for enforcement actions or advanced quarantine of endpoints, such as restricting access to sensitive information in databases and file servers. Partners include A10 Networks, Blue Coat Systems, Bradford Networks, Juniper Networks, and Netronome.
- Security Intelligence Platforms and Monitoring/SIEM - Security intelligence, reporting and SIEM partners enable consolidated reporting and enterprise security integration capabilities. Partners include HP ArcSight, IBM Q1 Labs, RSA, and Splunk. Network aggregation and full packet capture partners offer flexible deployment and contextual analysis options. Partners include Gigamon, Ixia Anue, RSA NetWitness, Solera Networks, and VSS Monitoring.
- Endpoint - Endpoint security partners provide endpoint visibility, validation, and remediation capabilities. Partners include Mandiant, Bit9, Guidance, McAfee, and Sophos.
- Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) - MSSP partners provide malware expertise and minimize the IT complexity and costs associated with owning and managing their own IT infrastructures. Partners include Dell SecureWorks and Solutionary.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye has pioneered the next generation of threat protection to help organizations protect themselves from being compromised. Cyber attacks have become much more sophisticated and are now easily bypassing traditional signature-based defenses, such as next-generation firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways, compromising the majority of enterprise networks. The FireEye platform supplements these legacy defenses with a new model of security to protect against the new breed of cyber attacks. The unique FireEye platform provides the industry's leading cross-enterprise threat protection fabric to dynamically identify and block cyber attacks in real time. The core of the FireEye platform is a signature-less, virtualized detection engine and a cloud-based threat intelligence network, which help organizations protect their assets across all major threat vectors, including Web, email, mobile, and file-based cyber attacks. The FireEye platform is deployed in over 40 countries and more than 1,000 customers and partners, including over 25 percent of the Fortune 100.
FireEye is a registered trademark of FireEye, Inc. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.