PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwired - November 17, 2016) - Capsa Solutions ("Capsa"), a leading provider of medication management systems, pharmacy automation, and mobile computing carts to the healthcare industry, today announced a major update to its innovative FirstDose medication dispensing system for long-term care and assisted living facilities. FirstDose 3.1 includes 50 new enhancements that benefit both the pharmacy and the nursing provider to safely organize and inventory starter dose and emergency medications in extended care environments.
FirstDose 3.1 provides an improved workflow over previous versions, with enhancements based on a 6-month analysis of customer workflows and requirements nationwide. Highlights include:
- Enhanced cart audit function designed around the pharmacy's auditing needs and workflow
- Streamlined integration to connect the pharmacy's information system through Capsa's Pulse interface engine
- Increased security of patient information
- Significant time savings to find the right dosage, complete the transaction, and move on to patient care
- Heightened accountability for controlled substances
- Enhanced patient billing procedures via the new billing interface
- Supports unit dose or punch card packaging
- The highest information security management standards for cyber security and HIPAA standards: Capsa Solutions is first in the industry to be certified ISO 27001:2013
"With the new upgrade to 3.1, FirstDose makes sense for so many long-term care providers, especially for facilities where manual stat dose processes are still used like the 'tackle box' with all its inherent gaps in billing, accountability and safety," says Chris Miller, Capsa Solutions Extended Care Product Manager. "FirstDose 3.1 gives you fast ROI, simple implementation, and across-the-board accountability to manage starter doses and e-kits."
About Capsa Solutions
Representing the combined brands of MMI Medcarts, Artromick International, Kirby Lester, and now Rubbermaid Healthcare, Capsa Solutions is a worldwide leader in developing and delivering innovative products designed for healthcare to mobilize and manage clinical and medication control processes. With combined product lines that include medication carts, medical carts, computer carts, and pharmacy automation solutions, Capsa offers its markets over 50 years of experience and a unique ability to meet the demands of diverse healthcare environments. Headquartered in Portland, OR, Capsa Solutions has additional management, manufacturing, and distribution facilities in Columbus, OH, Huntersville, NC and Chicago, IL. To learn more, visit www.capsasolutions.com or call 800-437-6633.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/11/16/11G122437/Images/FirstDose_Touch-cdd779b608ca800ea2507719fbff6309.jpg