Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

January 23, 2008 08:15 ET

Fjordland and Serengeti Complete Airborne Surveys at QUEST Project

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 23, 2008) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) and its 50%-50% joint venture partner Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) are pleased to report that Geo Data Solutions GDS Inc. has recently completed 6,624 line kilometres of airborne magnetic surveys, at 250-metre line spacings, over all 16 joint venture properties within the QUEST project area (97,000 hectares) in central British Columbia. The surveys were conducted during November and December 2007; processing of preliminary results is in progress. The 16 copper-gold porphyry targets were acquired in the summer of 2007 on the basis of regional structures and magnetic anomalies identified from the mid-1960s' federal government wide-spaced regional airborne geophysical surveys over the area.

The QUEST JV project lies within the highly endowed and prospective Quesnel Terrane. The properties included in the Fjordland-Serengeti JV area, between Quesnel and Fort St. James, total approximately 1,250 square kilometres and include Tezz, Gold, MM, Ping, RL 1, RL 2, RL 3, RL 4, RL 5, PG, Copper, ST, MP, QN 1, QN 2 and Q (see property location map on the companies' websites The QUEST JV area also includes much of the region identified by Geoscience BC, where during 2007 it carried out regional airborne EM and gravity geophysical surveys, at 4-kilometre and 2-kilometre line spacings, respectively. Results from the EM survey, as well as from reanalysis of stream and lake sediment samples in the Quest area, are scheduled to be released on Monday, January 28, 2008 during the annual Mineral Exploration Roundup meeting in Vancouver. Much of the area surveyed is covered by glacial overburden, which has historically hampered conventional exploration. As such, this region represents a significantly under-explored area. Since the announcement of the Geoscience BC "Quest" project in June 2007, over 750,000 hectares of mineral units have been registered by a wide variety of explorers.

Preliminary results from the Fjordland/Serengeti surveys have significantly refined the magnetic anomalies on all 16 properties. The Joint Venture has engaged Allnorth Consultants Limited in Prince George to assist with the follow-up work, in preparation for identifying and planning for induced polarization surveys to begin in the early spring. T.G. Schroeter, P.Eng./P.Geo., who is the qualified person within the context of National Instrument 43-101, has read and takes responsibility for this news release.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold and copper deposits in British Columbia and the Yukon. Fjordland has a 60% interest in the 42,000-hectare Woodjam copper-gold-molybdenum property in south-central British Columbia and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also has a 50%-50% joint venture with Serengeti Resources Inc. on the QUEST project to explore 47,000 square kilometres in the heart of British Columbia's Quesnel Terrane for precious and base metals. Shares of Fjordland Exploration Inc. trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "FEX". For further information visit the Company's website at

Tom Schroeter, President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information