Fjordland Exploration Inc.
TSX VENTURE : FEX

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

June 06, 2007 09:20 ET

Fjordland and Serengeti Partner on Tezz Copper Prospect

Update on Olympic-Rob IOCG-Uranium Property and Woodjam Gold-Copper Project

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - June 6, 2007) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) is pleased to report it has entered into a joint venture (50%-50%) with Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) to explore an 81 square kilometre property where sampling by government geologists have identified strong gold-copper values in stream sediment samples. Located 40 kilometres south of Prince George, British Columbia, the Tezz property covers a portion of a large northwest-trending aeromagnetic anomaly that is extensively covered by overburden. Northwest-trending aeromagnetic anomalies are associated with several copper-gold deposits along the Quesnel Trough mineral belt.

The road accessible Tezz property adjoins a large block of claims recently staked by NovaGold Resources Inc. (TSX:NG). Furthermore, the property will be covered by a recently announced government funded, wide-spaced, multi-parameter airborne geophysical survey. As part of the Tezz joint venture agreement, Fjordland will spend the first $50,000 in exploration, thereafter each company will share expenditures equally.

Olympic-Rob IOCG Uranium Project

Exploration and drilling crews are being mobilized to the Olympic-Rob IOCG (Iron Oxide Copper-Gold) Uranium project located in the Wernecke Terrane of the Yukon, where approximately 2,000 metres of drilling is planned. The drilling program is scheduled to start next week and will comprise 4 holes on the Rob zone and 2 holes on the Olympic zone. The exploration program is budgeted for $600,000.

The Rob zone is a 400 metre long open-ended copper and uranium in-soil anomaly that envelopes a number of copper-uranium bearing float boulders ranging from 0.01% to 1.57% U3O8, along with copper values ranging from 0.3% to 10.8% from selected samples. The float is spatially related to a distinct magnetic and radiometric anomaly.

On the adjacent Olympic zone, a 2-kilometre diameter continuous copper in-soil anomaly envelopes numerous copper showings ranging from 100 ppm to 21.4% copper from grab samples. Copper minerals identified in the hematite breccia host rock are chalcopyrite, bornite and malachite. The breccia complex on the Olympic property has similar age, geometry, structure and trace element signatures to BHP Billiton Ltd.'s (NYSE:BHP) giant IOCG Olympic Dam deposit, a polymetallic orebody containing the world's largest uranium reserve. Also similar to the Australian analog is a 3 kilometre long annular magnetic anomaly that coincides with the breccia zone. Limited drilling by previous explorers was too shallow to test the magnetic anomaly. A geological model may be viewed at http://www.fjordlandex.com/property/OModelxs.htm.

Woodjam Gold-Copper Porphyry Project

At the Woodjam gold-copper porphyry project located in south-central British Columbia, five kilometres south of Imperial Metals Corp.'s (TSX:III) Mount Polley claim group, induced polarization and magnetic geophysical surveys are underway. Surveys have been completed at the Megabuck and Takom zones, as well as a new zone located 2 km east of the Takom area. Additional surveys east and west of the Megabuck and new zones are planned, as well as untested parts of the property.

The surveys are designed to provide more detailed information on the Takom zone, and to locate new exploration targets on untested parts of the almost 30,000 hectare property. Upon completion of the surveys, drilling is planned later this year. Fjordland has conducted exploration at Woodjam since 2001 including approximately 16,000 metres of drilling. Exploration has demonstrated the property is prospective for bulk-tonnage gold-copper deposits similar to other porphyry deposits in B.C.'s Quesnel Terranne.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, copper and uranium deposits. The Company has a 60% interest in the 26,936 hectare Woodjam gold-copper property located in south-central British Columbia, Canada and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB) holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also has an option to earn up to 80% in the Olympic-Rob copper-gold-uranium project located in Yukon, Canada from Commander Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CMD). Shares of Fjordland Exploration trade on the TSX Venture Exchange with the symbol "FEX".

Tom Schroeter, President

Contact Information