Fjordland Exploration Inc.
TSX VENTURE : FEX

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

March 25, 2009 17:40 ET

Fjordland Closes Private Placement

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 25, 2009) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) reports the private placement financing, announced on February 3, 2009, has closed for gross proceeds of $143,780. A total of 2,054,000 flow-through shares at $0.07 each were issued. A finder's fee of 34,320 common shares was paid in connection with the financing.

The securities have a hold period and may not be traded until July 24, 2009.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration Inc. is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, copper and molybdenum deposits in British Columbia. Fjordland holds a 60% interest in the 48,000-hectare Woodjam copper-gold-molybdenum property in south central British Columbia, and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB) holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland is also the operator in a 50%-50% joint venture with Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) on the QUEST project to explore 28 properties totaling approximately 144,000 hectares in the heart of British Columbia's under-explored Quesnel Terrane for precious and base metals. Shares of Fjordland Exploration Inc. trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "FEX". For further information visit the Company's website at www.fjordlandex.com.

Janice Davies, Corporate Secretary

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information