Fjordland Exploration Inc.
TSX VENTURE : FEX

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

April 12, 2006 07:30 ET

Fjordland Earns 60% Interest in Woodjam Gold-Copper Property; First Phase Drill Program Completed-Large Drilling Program Planned

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - April 12, 2006) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) reports that the Company has now earned a 60% interest in the Woodjam gold-copper porphyry property from Wildrose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:WRS). Fjordland and Wildrose will form a joint venture and fund future exploration and development expenditures on a 60% - 40% basis. Fjordland will remain the operator of the project.

"Drilling to date at Woodjam continues to demonstrate the property's potential to host large, bulk tonnage gold-copper deposits," commented Victor Tanaka, President of Fjordland Exploration. "We look forward to working with Wildrose and accelerating our drilling program with the objective of defining a resource by year end."

Fjordland acquired an option to earn a 60% interest in Woodjam in 2001. Terms of the deal required the Company to issue to Wildrose 300,000 shares, make cash payments of $150,000 and complete $1,500,000 in work expenditures by October 31, 2006.

Fjordland also reports that the drill program that started at Woodjam at the end of February was recently completed. Seven diamond drill holes totaling 2,578 metres were undertaken, and drill results are expected to be available around the end of April. A second phase large-scale drill program is planned to start in July following a review of analytical and geologic data from the latest drilling.

The Woodjam gold-copper porphyry property is located 10 kilometres from Horsefly in the Cariboo region of BC, and has excellent logistics and infrastructure. Mineralization at Woodjam is modeled after Northgate Mineral Corporation's (TSX:NGX) Kemess deposit in northern British Columbia, and Newcrest Mining's Cadia Hill deposit in Australia. Kemess commenced production in 1999 with a resource of 200 million tonnes grading 0.63 g/t gold and 0.22% copper while Cadia Hill commenced production in 1996 with a resource of 210 million tonnes grading 0.72 g/t gold and 0.18% copper.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, silver and base metal deposits. The Company has a 60% interest in the 4,550 hectare Woodjam gold-copper property located in central British Columbia, Canada and is operator of the project; Wildrose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:WRS) holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also holds 100% earn-in options in three gold-silver properties located in Nevada and California, USA. Shares of Fjordland Exploration trade on the TSX Venture Exchange with the symbol "FEX".

Victor A. Tanaka, President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy of this news release.

Contact Information