Fjordland Exploration Inc.
TSX VENTURE : FEX

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

March 13, 2008 07:15 ET

Fjordland Exploration Inc.: Drilling Commences at Woodjam Project, BC

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 13, 2008) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) and Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB), are pleased to report that drilling has resumed at the Woodjam copper, gold and molybdenum project in central British Columbia. The objective of the 2008 program will be to continue drilling at the recent copper-molybdenum discovery in the Southeast Zone (announced January 18, 2008: http://www.fjordlandex.com/news/nr08-01.pdf) and test other areas of the large claim group, which was expanded to 44,413 hectares with the recent 100% option of two properties (Magalloy and Big-Moose Horn) adjoining Woodjam. Approximately 4,000 meters of drilling by contractor Cabo Drilling (Pacific) Corp. is planned in the first phase program.

Almost the entire landscape at the Woodjam project is overburden covered causing exploration to be dominated by diamond drilling, guided by geophysical surveying (induced polarization). Three anomalous regions of geophysical response, now considered to probably be a unified feature, have been explored using these techniques with approximately 43,700 metres of new grid cut in February of this year (and approximately 75,000 metres currently being surveyed) augmenting this total. The Megabuck Zone, the Takom Zone and the newly discovered Southeast Zone collectively occupy a donut-shaped area measuring about five kilometres in diameter. In addition to the important results announced January 18, 2008 for the Southeast Zone (hole 07-79 with 113.8 metres grading 0.40% copper and 0.014% molybdenum), significant results were also received for hole 07-77 drilled in the Takom Zone (53.3 metres grading 0.27% copper and 0.29 g/t gold). The Takom anomaly, located approximately 3 kilometres west of the Southeast Zone, was formerly constrained on the west side by the property boundary. On February 26, 2008, Fjordland Exploration Inc. and Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. entered into two options to earn a 100% interest (subject to a net smelter interest) in 1,850 hectares of mineral claims west of the pre-existing boundary to allow this area to be more effectively explored. Exploration of the Takom copper gold target has consequently been elevated to a significant additional objective of the 2008 program and is one of the areas currently in the midst of a geophysical survey.

The Woodjam Joint Venture is owned 60% by Fjordland Exploration Inc. and 40% by Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. The project lands are situated in the Cariboo Region of south-central British Columbia, approximately 55 kilometres east of the City of Williams Lake. The Woodjam project is located in a low elevation, relatively flat and dry timbered landscape, close to hydroelectric power and a natural gas pipeline.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration Inc. is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, copper and molybdenum deposits in British Columbia and the Yukon. Fjordland has a 60% interest in the 44,413-hectare Woodjam copper-gold-molybdenum property in south-central British Columbia and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also has a 50%-50% joint venture with Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) on the QUEST project to explore 20 properties totalling approximately 115,000 hectares in the heart of British Columbia's Quesnel Terrane for precious and base metals. Shares of Fjordland Exploration Inc. trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "FEX". For further information visit the Company's website at www.fjordlandex.com.

Tom Schroeter, P.Eng./P.Geo., President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information