Fjordland Exploration Inc.
TSX VENTURE : FEX

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

June 26, 2008 08:15 ET

Fjordland Exploration Inc.: Re-Analysis Upgrades Drill Results to 402 Metres of 0.44% Copper, 0.006% Molybdenum and 0.079 g/t Gold

Drilling to Resume on Southeast Zone of Woodjam Project

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - June 26, 2008) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) and Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB) report that re-analysis of the ICP-ES over-limit samples from drill hole 08-83 in the Southeast Zone of the Woodjam Property, Central British Columbia has resulted in a significant upgrading of results previously reported in News Release 08-12 dated June 15, 2008. Hole 08-83 intersected 402 metres grading 0.44% copper, 0.006% molybdenum and 0.079 g/t gold.

A table of the re-analyzed samples follows:



--------------------------------------------------------------------
Core length
Drill Hole From (m) To (m) (m) Cu% Mo% Au g/t
--------------------------------------------------------------------
08-83 128.63 530.66 402.03 0.44 0.006 0.079
Including 128.63 365.00 236.37 0.56 0.003 0.106
Including 128.63 200.56 71.93 0.80 0.003 0.123
Including 160.93 200.56 39.63 1.02 0.006 0.221
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The hole bottomed in mineralization and was stopped due to bad
ground conditions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------


Nine samples returned values in excess of the maximum geochemical detection limit of 10,000 ppm (1.0%) copper. An interval of 10.9 metres that was re-analyzed included 7 of these samples and returned 2.12% copper from 180.6m to 191.5m. This interval intersected a quartz vein rich in copper mineralization that sub parallels the drill hole.

Stated Tom Schroeter, President of Fjordland, "This style of mineralization has not been observed in previous drilling and indicates potential for the existence of higher grade zones where such veins may concentrate in a stockwork."

Two other narrower intervals of similar high-grade vein mineralization (1.34% Cu over 2.0m and 2.10% Cu over 1.2m) were encountered lower in the hole, further suggesting the potential for higher-grade zones. True widths cannot be determined at this stage.

A drill and crew have been mobilized to the site and it is anticipated the next phase of drilling will begin within a week. The joint venture has budgeted a 4,000 metre program that will continue to advance the delineation of the Southeast Zone with 100 metre step-outs. The Southeast Zone is a new copper-gold-molybdenum mineralized zone discovered in late 2007, and is rapidly becoming a significant new element in the advancement of the prolific Quesnel Terrane Copper Belt.

Detailed drilling has only tested an area 200 metres by 200 metres along a 1.5 km long IP geophysical anomaly. Two reconnaissance holes were drilled 275 metres south and 750 metres to the southwest of the detailed drill area and both were mineralized from the bedrock interface to the bottom of the hole. All seven vertical holes drilled to date in the Southeast Zone are mineralized top of bedrock to bottom of hole.

Initial analyses were performed by Acme Analytical Laboratories, a certified facility in Vancouver, BC, using multi-element ICP-ES, 2 Acid Digestion (1D) procedures, with gold and silver determined using fire assay procedures. Re-analyses were performed by ICP-ES, 4 Acid Digestion (7TD). External standards were inserted into the sample sequence at a ratio of one standard per twenty-five samples. Bruce Laird, P.Geo., of Mincord Exploration Consultants Ltd. is supervising the 2008 drilling program and sampling protocol. Tom Schroeter, P.Eng./P.Geo.,who is a qualified person within the context of National Instrument 43-101, has read and takes responsibility for this news release.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration Inc. is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, copper and molybdenum deposits in British Columbia and the Yukon. Fjordland holds a 60% interest in the 44,413-hectare Woodjam copper-gold-molybdenum property in south-central British Columbia and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also is a partner in a 50%-50% joint venture with Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) on the QUEST project to explore 27 properties totalling approximately 144,000 hectares in the heart of British Columbia's Quesnel Terrane for precious and base metals. Shares of Fjordland Exploration Inc. trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "FEX". For further information visit the Company's website at www.fjordlandex.com.

Tom Schroeter, President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information