CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - April 14, 2014) - FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:FLY) (the "Company" or "FLYHT") a leading provider of real-time data communications technology for the aviation industry today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and its year end December 31, 2013.
Bill Tempany, CEO stated: "2013 was a year of milestones for FLYHT during which we grew year over year revenues by 23.7% to over $8.0M. New contract wins, new customers, new certifications and more trials positioned FLYHT for considerable growth in the years to come."
"As we geared up to service the Chinese install in Q4, our expenses increased in order to deal with associated documentation and marketing costs. Furthermore in Q4, there were associated expenses for releasing our new product, the Dragon™."
"Our progress and anticipated ramp-up in our business did not go unnoticed by our supportive and loyal shareholders, many of whom participated in exercising warrants in order to assist FLYHT with the need for growth capital. We took in over $6.1M during Q4 and at year end had a cash position of $5.2M, which is more than sufficient to meet our financial needs for planned growth in 2014 and beyond."
Fourth Quarter Highlights Include:
- Revenue of $1,936,757, which represents a decrease of 12.8% over fourth quarter of 2012.
- Recurring revenue (UpTime usage) of $1,080,503, an increase of 39.5% over the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Gross profit was 60.4% of revenue compared to 54.8% for the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net loss of $1,438,795 which included research and development costs of $693,351, which if removed would have resulted in a net loss of $745,444, an increase of $817,349 and $705,008 respectfully over the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Distribution expenses were $834,328 representing an increase of $99,684 from the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Administration expenses increased to $805,515 versus the fourth quarter of 2012 or an increase of $165,486.
- Research and development expenses were $693,351 or $112,340 higher than the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Signed a contract with an eastern European airline for AFIRS 220 on four Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Signed a contract with a South American cargo airline for AFIRS on 12 Boeing 737 - 400 and 12 ATR - 200 aircraft.
- Datang Mobil Aviation division in China agreed that the AFIRS 228 would be standard fit on production ARJ21 aircraft.
- Shareholders exercised warrants and stock options totally $6,087,733 FLYHT introduced the Dragon as an exciting new member of the FLYHT family of products.
- DAC Aviation International Ltee., purchased five of the recently release Dragon product.
Year Highlights Include:
- Revenue of $8,000,364, which represents an increase of 23.7% over 2012.
- Recurring revenue (UpTime usage) of $3,624,718, an increase of 17.2% over 2012.
- Gross profit for 2013 was 59.2% of revenue compared to 57.2% for 2012.
- Net loss for the year of $4,063,164 which included research and development costs of $2,180,277, which if removed would have resulted in a net loss of $1,882,937887, a reduction of 16.8989% and 24.0% respectfully over 2012.
- Distribution expenses were $2,956,446 representing a decrease of $404,759 from 2012.
- Administration expenses increased to $2,859,122 versus $2,496,769 for 2012 or an increase of $362,353.
- Research and development expenses were $2,180,227 or $227,510 lower than 2012.
- Net finance costs increased $488,440 over 2012 to $1,060,002.
Detailed information in FLYHT's 2013 Annual Report containing the CEO's Message, Management Discussion and Analysis and Financial Statements has been posted to the Company's website and can be accessed at http://www.flyht.com/investors/financial-reports-results-centre/. The MD&A and Financial Statements have also been sent to SEDAR and will be accessible at www.sedar.com.
FLYHT will host a live conference call to discuss fourth quarter and year end results on Tuesday, April 15 at 2:30 pm MDT (4:30 pm EDT, 1:30 pm PDT).
To access the conference call by phone within Canada and the U.S. the toll-free number is 1-800-319-4610. Outside Canada and the U.S., dial 1-604-638-5340. (Callers should dial in five to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time).
Management will accept questions by telephone and e-mail. Individuals wishing to ask a question during the call can do so by pressing *1. Also questions can be forwarded in advance or during the conference call to email@example.com.
An archive of the conference call will be posted on the Presentations and Webcasts section of FLYHT's website (www.flyht.com) as soon as it is available.
About FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd.
FLYHT provides proprietary technological products and services designed to reduce costs and improve efficiencies in the airline industry. The Company has patented and commercialized three products and associated services currently marketed to airlines, manufacturers and maintenance organizations around the world. Its premier technology, AFIRS™ UpTime™, allows airlines to monitor and manage aircraft operations anywhere, anytime, in real time. If an aircraft encounters an emergency, FLYHT's triggered data streaming mode, FLYHTStream™, automatically streams vital data, normally secured in the black box, to designated sites on the ground in real-time. The Dragon is FLYHT's latest product, a revolutionary light weight portable satellite communications device that blends existing FLYHT technology with that of the iPad.
AFIRS, UpTime, the Dragon, FLYHTStream and AeroQ are trademarks of FLYHT Aerospace Solutions Ltd.
Join us on social media!
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.