ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR--(Marketwired - Sept. 3, 2014) - Fortis Inc. ("Fortis" or the "Corporation") (TSX:FTS) will hold an Investor Day on Wednesday, October 1, 2014, in Toronto, Ontario.
Members of the Fortis senior executive team will provide an update on Fortis operations, recent developments and strategic outlook. The following senior executives will be presenting:
- Barry Perry, President and incoming Chief Executive Officer, Fortis
- Karl Smith, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Fortis
- John Walker, Executive Vice President, Western Canadian Operations, Fortis
- Earl Ludlow, Executive Vice President, Eastern Canadian & Caribbean Operations, Fortis
- Steven Lant, President and Chief Executive Officer, CH Energy Group, Inc. and Chief Executive Officer, Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation
- David Hutchens, President and Chief Executive Officer, UNS Energy Corporation
The event will take place at St. Andrew's Club & Conference Centre (located in the Sun Life Building), 150 King Street West, 16th Floor (Garden Suite). Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. (Eastern) on October 1, 2014 with management presentations scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Eastern).
Institutional investors, analysts and members of the financial community interested in attending can register in advance by contacting Angela Doyle, Investor Analyst, Fortis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (709) 737-5292.
A live and archived audio webcast of the event will be available on the Corporation's website at www.fortisinc.com.
Fortis is the largest investor-owned distribution utility in Canada, with total assets approaching $25 billion and fiscal 2013 revenue exceeding $4 billion. Its regulated utilities account for approximately 93% of total assets and serve more than 3 million customers across Canada and in the United States and the Caribbean. Fortis owns non-regulated hydroelectric generation assets in Canada, Belize and Upstate New York. The Corporation's non-utility investment is comprised of hotels and commercial real estate in Canada. For more information, visit www.fortisinc.com or www.sedar.com.