SOURCE: Foxit Corporation
FREMONT, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 30, 2013) - Foxit® Corporation, a leading provider of solutions for reading, editing, creating, organizing, and securing PDF documents, today announced the delivery of Foxit PDF Web Reader Plugin for SharePoint. This product provides a feature rich and high performance PDF reading experience for PDF documents stored on SharePoint servers without requiring any additional desktop software.
Foxit PDF Web Reader Plugin for SharePoint is a document library extension product for SharePoint allowing end users to view PDF files online, within a browser, without any PDF viewer application or browser plugin installed locally. It provides PDF viewing features such as zoom, text selection, annotation, search, bookmark, and more to enhance the reading experience. SharePoint administrators can install and configure the product on the SharePoint server. They have access to central administration tools to configure the application and control features such as enable/disable watermarks, end user downloads, text selection, etc.
Highlighted features include:
- High fidelity PDF viewing - High performance PDF viewer for an exceptional PDF browser reading experience.
- Seamless SharePoint integration - The document library extension for SharePoint allows users to view PDF documents on SharePoint servers.
- Zero footprint PDF viewing - Users can view PDF on SharePoint servers without a PDF reader installed on the desktop system or required browser plug-in.
- Supports leading browsers - Supports the Internet Explorer®, Chrome™, Firefox®, and Safari® web browsers.
- Bookmark support - Bookmarks provide an easy way to navigate your PDF documents.
- Thumbnail support - Thumbnail view to easily navigate through large documents.
- Annotation support - View annotations and popup notes.
- Text search - Search for text in PDF documents.
- Select Text - Select text to copy and paste into other documents.
- Central administration - Control the functions presented to your end users, such as watermarks, annotations, bookmarks, and more. SharePoint admins can also configure application metrics such as cache storage path, task timeout, max conversion task quantity, max/min thread quantity in a thread pool, etc.
"SharePoint administrators need to provide their users with PDF read capabilities, but they have little control of the software on their users' desktop," said Phil Lee, VP of Enterprise Sales for Foxit Corporation. "Foxit PDF Web Reader Plugin solves this problem for SharePoint administrators by enabling their users to view PDFs without requiring additional software to be installed on their desktops."
Customers choose Foxit products since they are fast, affordable, secure, and easy to deploy. With over 150 million users, award winning Foxit PDF solutions have been chosen by over 95,000 customers in over 190 countries. Since Foxit products are ISO 32000-1 / PDF 1.7 standard compliant, they are compatible with other PDF products like those from Adobe®.
For more information, contact Foxit at www.foxitsoftware.com or at 1-866-MYFOXIT.
About Foxit Corporation
Foxit Corporation is at the forefront of cost-effective electronic document solutions. Customers of Foxit's award-winning products include major technology and healthcare companies, global financial services firms, and government agencies. Founded in 2001, Foxit Corporation believes in innovative, standards-based technology and unrivalled customer support, with a deep commitment to sustainable, environmentally sound products and services.
Foxit is a registered trademark of Foxit Corporation. Other trademarked names or terms used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.