SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 15, 2012) - Award-winning application developer, CooTek (www.touchpal.com), today announced that the latest version of its TouchPal Keyboard is available as a free download today for Android smartphone users (http://bit.ly/JzetsM), and will be available in the App Store shortly for iOS users. TouchPal is the first free app currently available with advanced swipe technology, contextual prediction, and extendable plug-ins on both the iOS and Android platforms.
The key differentiating features of TouchPal Keyboard include:
- Slide/swipe technology: By integrating CooTek's patented TouchPal Curve® technology, users can accurately type words without lifting a finger;
- Learned predictions: TouchPal Keyboard analyzes the sentence context and each user's unique input to predict words, which, on Android, it can learn from other applications such as Twitter, and SMS;
- Blind typing: The prediction technology also allows users to type without looking at their touchscreens by correcting mistyping based on the keys you pressed and the context;
- Extendable Plug-ins: Users can share text on Twitter straight from the keyboard, or add other a plug-in of their choice;
- Bigger keyboard: TouchPal Keyboard uses T+ dual-letter layout, which offers a bigger screen than similar apps using QWERTY keyboards, allowing users to type more comfortably; and
- Quick symbol/number input: Users can simply slide their fingers up or down to input a number or symbol instead of toggling between different keyboards.
"We are proud to offer one of the most sophisticated keyboard apps on multiple platforms at no cost," said Michael Wong, CEO of CooTek. "Until now, people have struggled to type efficiently on touchscreens. There is no other keyboard like TouchPal, and we are excited to improve the smartphone and tablet experiences."
Prior to this launch, TouchPal Keyboard successfully established itself with manufacturers, and is the default keyboard for HTC One X and New Desire devices, the Sony Xperia Ion, Huawei Honor and Ascend devices, and ZTE Fury and Blade devices.
For a video on TouchPal's new swipe and contextual prediction, please see: TouchPal Keyboard - Feel The Speed (http://bit.ly/SMe7Do).
Founded in 2008, CooTek is dedicated to improving the usability, functionally and overall value of mobile devices via the innovative software we design and bring to market. Its TouchPal Keyboard application for Android and iOS with a Windows 8 app coming soon, is based on CooTek's multiple patented technologies and delivers a powerful, easier-to-use alternative to traditional hardware keyboards. Its TouchPal Contacts application improves the dialing experience on smartphones. For more information or to download please visit www.touchpal.com, like us on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/SVlIQk), or follow us on Twitter at @TouchPal (www.twitter.com/TouchPal).