MIDDLETOWN, CT--(Marketwired - Jun 16, 2015) - FreeShipping.com today announced that it has launched its first-ever national TV ad campaign with a series of commercials designed to increase brand awareness among consumers while highlighting the extraordinary savings available through the online subscription shopping program.
The 30-, 60-, and 120-second spots show FreeShipping.com subscribers discussing the numerous and varied ways that online shoppers can save on every purchase they make through the program. For a $12.97 monthly fee, consumers can enjoy:
- Consistent 10% cash back and free shipping at checkout on purchases at over 1,000 big-box stores, niche merchants, and specialty vendors;
- Rebates for expedited shipping charges and/or for shipping fees on purchases that don't qualify for instant free shipping;
- Unlimited free return shipping, via FedEx Ground®, on every purchase subscribers make through FreeShipping.com, as well as rebates on return shipping charges if they don't use FedEx Ground;
- Price protection guarantees if subscribers find a recently-purchased item advertised for less;
- Exclusive coupons from participating retailers that offer subscribers discounts on top of 10% cash back, free shipping, and other benefits; and
- A search engine that compares prices instantly on over 140 million SKUs sold through the program's network of participating retailers.
"FreeShipping.com subscribers enjoy unmatched deals and discounts every time they shop at over a thousand stores they already know and love," said Tom Caporaso, CEO of Clarus Commerce, which created and operates the program, "and we're excited about the chance to share their stories and our unique, convenient, industry-leading benefits with a TV audience of more than a hundred million consumers nationwide."
The campaign targets savvy online shoppers, predominantly 25-54-year-old women, and FreeShipping.com will augment its power and reach through a range of initiatives, including a 20% cash-back offer at 20 top retailers one week before July 4 sales; ongoing subscriber outreach, via emails, banners, blog posts, and more, to publicize the TV ads and the double-cash-back deal; and social media promotions, including viewing parties for and contests revolving around the TV commercials.
The ads feature nine subscribers, most of whom have been members for over five years, eagerly sharing their money-saving experiences with FreeShipping.com. Working with Los Angeles-based Hawthorne Direct, the award-winning, data- and technology-driven, full-service agency that produced the commercials, FreeShipping.com will test various versions of the ads across a diverse range of categories and channels to optimize the campaign results.
"For over a dozen years, FreeShipping.com has successfully relied on cutting-edge e-commerce marketing tactics to reach millions of shoppers and deliver significant savings on their online purchases," Caporaso noted. "With Hawthorne Direct's assistance, we're implementing an omnichannel distribution approach to ensure that consumers throughout the U.S. know they can go to FreeShipping.com to save on all of their online shopping needs and interests."
Visit FreeShipping.com for more information and a free trial.
About Clarus Commerce
Clarus Commerce creates great products that strengthen our clients' businesses, build brand loyalty, and foster long-term, profitable relationships by enhancing the lives of customers. Founded in 2001 as Clarus Marketing Group, Clarus Commerce has earned a sterling reputation as a subscription commerce leader through FreeShipping.com; 2-Day Shipping by MasterCard; Return Saver, which it co-developed with FedEx; and other innovative, easily customizable programs. Backed by Norwest Venture Partners (NVP), Clarus continues to expand upon its e-commerce successes. For more information, visit www.ClarusCommerce.com.
Clarus Commerce CEO Tom Caporaso is available for interviews.