SOURCE: Industrial Info Resources

July 07, 2008 06:30 ET

French Power Stations Acquired by Germany's E.ON to Add Combined-Cycle Units, an Industrial Info News Alert

CORDOBA, ARGENTINA--(Marketwire - July 7, 2008) - Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- Germany's E.ON (PINKSHEETS:EONGY) (Munich) recently announced that it has acquired a 65% equity share of the Societe Nationale d'Electricite et de Thermique (SNET), which was previously owned by Endesa France (NYSE:EOC) (Santiago, Chile). The remaining 35% is still held by Electricite de France (EPA:EDF) and Charbonnages de France. SNET's largest power station, in the Lorraine Region, expects to launch two 430-MW natural-gas-fired combined-cycle groups in 2010. The single-shaft combined-cycle addition project was awarded to Siemens (NYSE:SI).

For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info's Premium Industry News at http://www.industrialinfo.com/showNews.jsp?newsitemID=135139, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at www.industrialinfo.com.

Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is a marketing information service specializing in industrial process, energy and financial related markets with products and services ranging from industry news, analytics, forecasting, plant and project databases, as well as multimedia services. For more information send inquiries to powergroup@industrialinfo.com or visit us online at www.industrialinfo.com.

ABSTRACT

E.ON Benelux Halts Construction of 1,070-Megawatt Plant in Netherlands

Finland Set for Bidding on Sixth Nuclear Power Plant

Germany Faces Major Power Shortages as Technology Debate Stalls Projects

Contact Information

  • Contact:
    Joe Govreau
    713-783-5147