TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 3, 2014) - FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FRHI), the parent company of luxury and upper upscale hotel brands Raffles Hotels & Resorts, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts, is growing and supporting its global expansion with talented additions to its international team.
"Global growth is a key aim for our company and all three of our leading hotel brands," said Michael Glennie, president and chief operating officer, FRHI. "To accomplish this, and deliver on our aggressive growth strategy, FRHI has made it a strategic focus to hire the industry's best and brightest. Adding industry leading experts to our team will help us further maximize our operations, drive increased financial performance and ensure a unique and meaningful travel experience for our guests. We are thrilled to have some very high profile additions to our team and we're equally pleased that many of our leaders are being recognized for excellence in our industry."
Recent additions to the FRHI team join from a number of respected and global organizations. Some of these include:
- Andrew Gibson, who is now leading FRHI's spa strategy as vice president of spas and wellness. A recognized and well-respected leader in the spa industry, Mr. Gibson brings a wide range of experience to this role, including his most recent posting with Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group. With more than 25 years of experience in the spa, leisure and wellness business, he is well recognized by the industry for his visionary leadership and creativity. Mr. Gibson is responsible for the development and implementation of the company's spa strategy, including defining and implementing standards globally.
- Sami Nasser was recruited to oversee FRHI's activity in the Middle East, Africa and India as senior vice president of operations. An industry veteran with more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Nasser has held leadership positions with several international hospitality brands. Recently, he was senior vice president of operations, Middle East, Africa and Indian Ocean for Sofitel. His leadership and established industry relationships with partners and owners will play an important role as FRHI looks to expand further in the region.
- With China identified as a critical market for FRHI, the company was pleased to add Foued El Mabrouk as vice president of operations, China. Mr. El Mabrouk is a luxury hotel insider and is responsible for overseeing the company's portfolio of hotels in China, focusing on performance, employee engagement and the implementation of quality and standards. He is an accomplished linguist, fluent in English, Mandarin, French and Arabic and is a graduate of Cornell University.
- Brett Patterson is FRHI's vice president of food and beverage, Americas. Mr. Patterson has extensive experience as an executive chef and most recently was vice president of food and beverage, Asia Pacific for Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. His increasingly responsible positions during his career speak to his talent and abilities.
- With over 20 years of senior hospitality experience, Wayne Buckingham recently joined the FRHI group as senior vice president, Asia Pacific. Overseeing FRHI's Asia Pacific portfolio from the company's regional office in Singapore, Mr. Buckingham arrives with industry prowess and influence, having held positions across Asia for TCC Hotels Group and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
FRHI is also committed to developing and promoting high-performing colleagues within the organization. In fact, many team members are often recognized in the industry. Recently, Berlin's Mr. Ingo C. Peters was awarded with the highly coveted 2013 Hotelier of the Year, Germany. Mr. Peters is a highly respected member of the hotel industry with a distinguished history of leadership. The company is proud of this recent accomplishment and for his ongoing commitment to his staff that he credits for much of his success.
To help support FRHI's aggressive growth and identify the world's top performers, FRHI has implemented an innovative recruitment platform, the Talent Acquisition System which enables the organization to attract, select and hire the best. The system is multilingual and provides the ability to search and mobilize from a global prospect pool of internal and external candidates. Currently there are more than half a million profiles in the system.
"It takes extraordinary people to deliver on our service promise and to go above and beyond to support guests in our distinctive hotels around the world. Our goal is to not only find the right talent for the right job, but to also ensure that each candidate is a fit with our corporate culture," said Michelle Crosby, executive vice president and chief human resources officer, FRHI. "The implementation of a dynamic system like TAS allows us to reach a greater and more diverse pool of candidates. In the year ahead, we will continue to enhance our recruitment strategy to support the growth of the organization including the roll out of new approaches to hire the best in the world."
About FRHI Hotels & Resorts
FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FRHI) is a leading luxury hotel management company that operates more than 110 hotels globally under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. The company's distinctive portfolio of luxury and upper upscale hotels features celebrated icons, world-class resorts and stylish city center hotels. Some notable hotels include the Raffles Singapore, Swissôtel The Bosphorus, The Fairmont San Francisco and London's The Savoy. Focused on growing its distinctive hotel brands, the company is also developing new hotels in key locations around the world including exciting projects in China, Russia, India, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. The company also manages Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel branded luxury private residence clubs, whole-ownership residences and serviced residences properties. For more information or reservations, please visit frhi.com.