TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 11, 2013) - A sexy dinner of samples at Costco? Frisky fishing with your special friend? A heartwarming matinee of "Evil Dead: The Musical?" These are but a few suggestions for thrifty thrills from cost-conscious Canadians to celebrate Valentine's Day on a budget. The penny-pinching planning was the result of a recent poll by FlightNetwork.com, who launched its second annual "Price Drop Love" survey to help Canadians find great, romantic Valentine's Day date options for low or no cost.
While many believe they need to spend a lot of money on lavish dinners and candy, Toronto has no shortage of economical activities available this Valentine's Day. In lieu of a fancy dinner, the majority of Torontonians chose to let music be the food of love, with 25% choosing a free concert by the Hart House Orchestra at U of T as their perfect price-dropped romantic rendezvous. Several other inexpensive and no-cost options also received some love:
- 22.6% aren't cheapskates, but love cheap skates - or better yet a FREE skate with a DJ - at Nathan Phillips Square
- 18.5% are in for a night of wild, bumpy rides with free twilight tobogganing at Christie Pitts or High Park
- 16.1% selected a no-cost, self-guided tour of the Distillery District; and if they get lost, they can pay $19 each for a guided tour
- For those 13.6% who get turned on by on Extreme activities, a heart-pounding hike under the Gardiner Expressway with their sweetie is the ideal inexpensive Valentine's choice
- Either the respondents aren't single, or they feel that $19.99 (+HST) is too expensive; whatever the reason, only 3.2% chose an Anti-Valentine party at Maison Mercer
"Our business is focused on helping Canadians save money on travel, but we like to help them save money in their day-to-day lives as well," said Jamil al Jabri, Marketing Manager at FlightNetwork.com. "Money may be tight for many Torontonians, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to enjoy a great Valentine's Day."
Whatever romantic rendezvous you're planning, FlightNetwork.com wishes you a happy Valentine's Day!
About FlightNetwork.com (www.flightnetwork.com)
As one of Canada's leaders in online travel, FlightNetwork.com delivers the lowest airfares from the top airlines by offering consumers access to over 2 million bulk rates on cheap flights negotiated with major airlines. Its proprietary flight booking engine offers last second booking and the exclusive ability to 'mix and match' fares - the only Canadian online travel agency that allows booking on different airlines for departure and return flights to get the lowest fares possible. Backing up Flight Network's award winning online service are over 120 insightful travel specialists in the FlightNetwork.com call centre who ensure that customers successfully book the best travel deals.
FlightNetwork.com's Price Drop Protection plan is a unique, free program, exclusive to FlightNetwork.com customers on all economy flights, vacations and hotels. The Price Drop Deal is now unlimited on all domestic, USA and international flights, as well as vacations and hotel bookings. If you book with FlightNetwork.com, and the price drops after you book, you will get the difference credited back.