SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 31, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Fruit of the Loom, one of the largest manufacturers and marketers of underwear, intimate apparel, casual wear, athletic apparel, athletic uniforms, and sporting goods, has upgraded to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.
- To optimize business processes and integrate multiple acquisitions into its global business, Fruit of the Loom needed a scalable, flexible and comprehensive suite of business applications that could standardize and automate its financial processes.
- By upgrading to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Fruit of the Loom will streamline its financial reporting and increase flexibility by creating a centralized location for business information and will reduce its reliance on manually intensive processes.
- New functionality in Oracle Sub Ledger Accounting, part of Oracle E-Business Suite Financials, will enable Fruit of the Loom to centralize and enforce consistent accounting processes, while also supporting compliance with multiple accounting standards such as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. GAAP.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials has also helped Fruit of the Loom use electronic payment and bank reconciliation functionality, enabling it to improve its financial processes, strengthen its controls and further increase efficiencies.
- Additionally, Oracle E-Business Tax will help Fruit of the Loom automate its sales and use tax calculations by providing a platform for integration with a tax engine.
- Based on the success of the project, Fruit of the Loom plans to take advantage of additional modules within Oracle E-Business Suite Financials, including Oracle Receivables and Oracle Internet Expenses. Additionally, the company plans to implement Oracle Hyperion Financial Management.
- "As we continue to grow our company, we need a scalable and integrated platform that can optimize financial processes," said Fred Siegle, vice president of IT and Business Integration, Fruit of the Loom. "With the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, we are in the process of standardizing, automating and streamlining processes within the company. As a result, we will gain a more comprehensive view of our financial information, eliminate many inefficient manual processes and ultimately increase bottom-line profit."
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.