LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Jan 11, 2012) - CES -- Fuhu, Inc., maker of the kiddified Nabi tablet, announced today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) a new education initiative to bring Nabi tablets to the classroom. As a robust, Android-based tablet designed specifically for children, Nabi merges entertainment and education for kids of all ages. Combined with a sub-$200 price point, and special educational pricing options, it's an ideal fit for both individual and group learning in the classroom.
Since Nabi runs on its own custom platform for the Android OS, it offers a number of unique advantages for education deployments:
- Separate student and teacher modes on each device can limit students' online exposure while giving teachers control over their classroom's tablets
- Teachers can create a unified login for each class, to customize the content each student sees and highlight heavily used and relevant applications for their grade
- Nabi app store for real-time access to new apps and games
- Ability to work with Fuhu directly on further customization
The Nabi tablet also features a number of core educational experiences, including:
- Reading, math, and science programs from top learning program providers
- A dozen language immersion apps including Chinese, French, Spanish and sign language
- A wide variety of education applications, including math and science
"We've been contacted by a number of school districts around the country interested in equipping their classrooms with Nabi tablets, so we're launching an education program to easily enable educators to deploy Nabi," said Jim Mitchell, CEO of Fuhu, Inc.
Fuhu, Inc., creators of the Nabi Pad, Fooz Kids, and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, and services that are dedicated to creating deep and engaging user experiences on a range of consumer devices. Products include urDrive, a preloaded software solution on select Kingston USB Flash Drives that provides "follow me" content; Spinlets Plus, a global PC and Android cloud-served music solution; and Fooz Kids, a downloadable application that kiddifies your computer with apps, controlled by parents. Fuhu's most recent unveiling is the Nabi tablet -- a full-featured Android tablet and platform, made especially for kids. For more information, visit www.fuhu.com, www.nabitablet.com, and www.foozkids.com.