TORONTO--(Marketwire - Jan 29, 2013) - Digital Journal Inc. announced its next Future of Media event featuring some of the most influential leaders in media and branded content.
The event will take place March 14 in Toronto and will feature executives and leading experts from BuzzFeed, the Globe & Mail, Digiday and /newsrooms.
Future of Media events are panel discussions that explore how current trends, technologies, business practices and social media innovation affect both the media industry and its audience. At this year's event the focus will go beyond just media and look at marketing and advertising as well.
The upcoming Future of Media event will take place Thursday, March 14, 2013 at Toronto's Drake Hotel Underground (1150 Queen Street West) at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public. Note: Seating is limited so it will be first-come, first-served. Previous events have hit capacity very quickly so early arrival is highly recommended.
On the panel discussing the booming trend of branded content is: Jonathan Perelman, Vice President of Agency Strategy and Development for BuzzFeed; Josh Sternberg, reporter at digital media news outlet Digiday; Steve Ladurantaye, media reporter at the Globe & Mail; and Sabaa Quao, Chief Marketing Officer of Digital Journal Inc. and co-founder of /newsrooms.
Future of Media discussions are must-see events for anyone interested in the rapidly changing landscape of media, the Web and digital technology. The March 14 event will focus particularly on a trend the digital media world is clamoring to talk about: brands as publishers.
The panel discussion will focus on the following topics:
- What is the role of branded content (aka brand journalism or content marketing) in media?
- How will branded content play a role in the future of media for both brands and media companies?
- What do brands need to know as they make the transition into becoming publishers?
- Should media companies and brands invest in branded content, and what are the pros and cons?
- Does sponsored content create an unholy alliance between brands and media companies?
- What role does everyone play in the branded content industry?
- How will agencies, marketers, journalists, brands and media companies collaborate and compete?
These are just a few of the hot topics to be discussed at the Future of Media event in March. The event will feature a live panel discussion followed by a Q&A session. Future of Media will be covered live on Twitter via the hashtag #FOM2013 and questions will be taken via Facebook and Twitter to pose to panelists.
Journalists wishing to cover the event can request a press pass and interviews by calling (416) 410-9675 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org