SOURCE: Online News Association
WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwire - Sep 5, 2012) - Gannett, the New York Times and NPR are hiring! Join them and recruiters from other top media and tech companies and universities at the ONA12 Career Summit & Job Fair, Thursday, Sept. 20, at the San Francisco Hyatt Regency to find a job and hear about current openings.
These top media organizations all will be on site to recruit talent for positions in news, technology and development, including:
- At the USA TODAY booth, visit with Gannett, USATODAY and USATODAY.com recruiters to find out more about openings, such as a Web Editor in Detroit and .Net Web Developer.
- At The New York Times booth, learn more about the openings on the digital team, including Segment Video Producer and Digital Platforms Editor.
- NPR is hiring for positions in New York and Washington, D.C., including Streaming Media Manager and Correspondent/Host for Planet Money.
- Patch is hiring local editors in New Jersey, New York, Minnesota, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and more.
- American Public Media, the Washington Post and other top companies with jobs also will be on hand to discuss career opportunities with you.
Recruiters will meet for drop-in interviews with job-seekers, who will also benefit from resume critiques and work evaluation.
The Career Summit & Job Fair schedule -- free for student members, $25 for members and $50 for nonmembers -- offers a full day's immersion into learning, networking and job-hunting. It is also the unofficial kick-off to ONA's 2012 Annual Conference, which follows over the next two days. Featured CS&JF speakers include:
- Martina Castro, Co-Founder & Senior Producer, Radio Ambulante
- Kate Gardiner, Founder, distill
- Jenny 8 Lee, Co-Founder, Plympton Media
- Mark Luckie, Creative Content Manager, Journalism, Twitter
- Doug Mitchell, Consultant, WebbMedia and Project Manager, NPR
- Michelle Minkoff, Interactive Producer, Associated Press
- Daniel Victor, Social Media Producer, The New York Times
- Jon Vidar, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Tiziano Project
- Sherbeam Wright, Co-Founder, LitHit
To register for the Career Summit & Job Fair, visit http://ona12.journalists.org/register/career-summit-job-fair/.
Are you a recruiter looking for your next hire? Register for a table.
The Online News Association is the world's largest association of digital journalists. ONA's mission is to inspire innovation and excellence among journalists to better serve the public. The membership includes news writers, producers, designers, editors, bloggers, developers, photographers, educators, students and others who produce news for and support digital delivery systems. ONA also hosts the annual Online News Association conference and administers the Online Journalism Awards.