SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 12, 2014) - GenieDB, a provider of a leading database-as-a-service solution for MySQL, today announced that it will be demonstrating its MySQL Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, March 17-21. With GenieDB, game developers can eliminate latency to international user bases and ensure cost-effective high-availability.
"With GenieDB, we're removing the burden of back-end database management for the gaming community," said Cary Breese, CEO, GenieDB "We offer a unique solution that, within minutes, has a game or app up and running across multiple regions and data centers ensuring high availability and incredibly fast performance that scales to user demand."
With GenieDB, game developers benefit in several ways:
- Geo-distributed databases for fast local performance.
- Retain existing knowledge and investment in MySQL without code changes.
- Span multiple nodes and multiple cloud providers, eliminating risks and cloud provider lock-in.
- No single point of failure, even during data center or cloud provider outages.
- Independently operating nodes that each sync automatically after failure.
- Seamless Master-Master replication of data to globally distributed nodes, eliminating the challenges of Master-Slave or Circular replication.
GenieDB Globally Distributed MySQL Database-as-a-Service technology allows organizations to build large scale, multi-region, multi-master, high performance applications with the benefits of geo-distributed databases, continuous availability during regional outages, and better application response time for globally distributed users. Attendees are invited to meet with GenieDB at the Game Developers Conference at booth #2441.
GenieDB, Inc. provides the first database technology that enables enterprises to globally scale their existing MySQL applications without incurring the costs and pain associated with abandoning traditional database architecture. By dramatically simplifying the migration of enterprises into cloud-based infrastructures, GenieDB brings global scalability to the mainstream. GenieDB's innovative and patent-pending approach automates and optimizes how data is processed across global networks and clouds, providing readily accessible, local database performance on a global scale. GenieDB is available on AWS (Amazon Web Services) Marketplace, Google Cloud Platform, HP Cloud, Rackspace Cloud Tools Marketplace, and others and is headquartered in San Juan Capistrano, California. Follow us on Twitter @GenieDB or visit us online at: www.GenieDB.com.