SOURCE: Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
MISSION, KS--(Marketwired - Mar 12, 2014) - (Family Features) This St. Patrick's Day, create a cheerful and festive decoration to adorn your home or enhance an Irish themed celebration. Since shamrocks are considered to be a sign of luck, this charming candle holder also makes a wonderful gift.
A new source for creative inspiration
To celebrate the joys of creativity, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, a leading fabric and craft specialty retailer in America, is celebrating the grand opening of the Vernal location, at Vernal Towne Center, 2089 West Hwy 40.
"We are pleased to offer our crafting customers more of what they love about our stores," said Travis Smith, CEO and president of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. "The passion and expertise of our staff, along with project inspiration, will make this new store a one-stop creative destination for the community."
Jo-Ann is a proud supporter of local education efforts, including the Inspired to Help program, which will provide a $2,000 grant to a school within the community. This generosity aligns with other efforts, including the Teacher Rewards program, which offers educators a discount on the supplies needed for their classrooms.
To find out more about this location, visit www.joann.com/vernal.
Lucky Shamrock Candle Globe
Skill level: Some Experience Necessary
Crafting time: 3 hours
Supplies and Tools:
Glass candle globe
Plaid FolkArt Enamels paint: Evergreen, Fresh Foliage, Hunter Green and Gold
Plaid FolkArt Enamels tip-pen and craft tip set
4-inch tall white candle
1. Use paper towels and vinegar to clean glass globe thoroughly.
2. On palette, place quarter-size puddles of all three green paint colors.
3. Refer to photo. To paint each shamrock, dip one end of toothpick into one color of paint. Touch to globe: two dots side-by-side. Redip toothpick and apply two more dots vertically to the right of the first dots. Redip toothpick and apply two more dots vertically to the left of the first two dots. Use toothpick end to pull each set of dots together in the center and form a stem.
4. Repeat all around a 3-inch band of the bottom of the globe, varying between the three shades of green paint until it is covered. Allow to dry at least one hour.
5. Attach metal tip of tip-pen set to plastic extension cap, turning clockwise. Do not over tighten. Remove cap from gold enamel paint and replace with assembled paint tip. Apply swirls and dots randomly in and around the painted shamrocks.
6. Place candle inside. Allow to dry overnight before lighting candle.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.