SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - June 04, 2013) -
GetGoing, the innovative personalized travel search and booking engine, today announced it has added experienced airline executive Fred Reid and accomplished finance executive Nilesh Lakhani to its corporate Board of Directors. Reid and Lakhani are the first two external members to be elected to GetGoing's corporate board, and bring a wealth of airline industry, financial and operational management expertise to GetGoing as the company prepares for international expansion.
"We welcome Fred and Nilesh to the board and expect to benefit greatly from their experience growing large-scale companies," said Alek Vernitsky, Co-Founder and CEO of GetGoing. "Fred has held C-level positions at some of the industry's largest and most innovative airlines, and will help ensure we continue to provide compelling, ground-breaking solutions for GetGoing's partners. Nilesh is a CFO who has tremendous experience scaling global businesses, and his expertise will help us as we continue to raise capital and expand our business."
Fred Reid was the CEO of Virgin America, where he was responsible for building the award-winning, innovative airline from the ground-up. Previously, he was President and COO at Delta Airlines, with responsibility for building the SkyTeam Alliance, the world's second largest airline alliance with 19 airlines across five continents. Reid has also held the role of President and COO of Lufthansa, where he was the first American to run a global European airline. Most recently, he was the President of Flexjet, a Bombardier Company. Reid's deep industry knowledge and experience will be valuable for expediting the growth of GetGoing's global partnerships.
"In just a few short months since its launch, GetGoing has established itself as one of the most innovative travel sites in recent years," said Fred Reid. "I look forward to lending my expertise to continue to accelerate GetGoing's already impressive growth."
Nilesh Lakhani currently serves on several boards including Decolar.com, Latin America's leading online travel agency. Previously, Lakhani has held key executive management positions with public and private growth companies in the technology and media industries, including his role as CFO at Yandex, the Russian search giant, where he handled the company's initial IPO filing and advised the company through its successful $8.5B IPO. Lakhani's financial management expertise and his experience in the search and digital media industries is a great asset to GetGoing as the company expands its media business, raises additional capital and scales globally.
"I enjoy being involved with highly innovative companies that are disrupting large existing markets and adding value both to suppliers & consumers," said Lakhani. "I'm excited to provide GetGoing with ongoing financial and operating guidance as they expand and grow, so that everyone worldwide can take advantage of GetGoing's advanced travel search and booking system."
The election of Reid and Lakhani to the Corporate Board of Directors is in addition to GetGoing's stellar Board of Advisors, which includes industry influencers such as:
- Tony D'Astolfo - Tony is a 30-year travel industry veteran and is one of the leading experts on corporate travel and B2B ecommerce. He is an industry luminary who has held multiple executive leadership positions at United Airlines, Sabre Holdings and Rearden Commerce.
- Jim Davidson - Jim is the President and CEO of Farelogix, a leading provider of distribution technology and services for the travel industry. He's an industry thought leader named as one of Business Travel News' "Top 25 Most Influential Industry Executives in Travel Distribution", and was previously President and CEO of Amadeus Global Travel, North America.
- Lori Gobillot - Lori has over 15 years of leadership experience in the aviation industry, and was previously Vice President of Integration Management at United Airlines, where she led the $3.4B Continental/United merger integration. She serves on the Board of Bristow Group (NYSE: BRS), a leading global provider of helicopter transportation and search and rescue services.
- Al Lenza - Al is one of Business Travel News' "Top 25 Most Influential Industry Executives in Travel Distribution", and was previously Vice President of Distribution and E-Commerce at Northwest Airlines and Vice-President at Continental Airlines.
- George Parker - George has been a Dean Witter Distinguished Professor of Finance at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business since 1973, and has extensive airline experience from having served on the Board of Directors of Continental Airlines for over 13 years.
- Marc Rosenberg - After retiring as VP of Sales and Distribution for Air Canada, Marc now works with airlines around the world on distribution strategy, channel sales management, and travel software development. Marc was previously Chairman and CEO of Air Canada Vacations.
To find the vacation experience you want at a price you can afford, try searching with GetGoing's FlightFinder advanced travel search tool today. And to save up to 40% off the lowest published airfare prices on any other site, try GetGoing's revolutionary Pick Two, Get One now.
GetGoing is making it easier and more affordable for leisure travelers to discover and book their next trip. GetGoing's FlightFinder™ technology is the quickest and easiest way to search for flights and discover deals to destinations you may not have considered. And GetGoing's Pick Two, Get One™ system enables travelers to find and book flights at a significant discount, while helping airlines profitably fill empty seats. The company's unique flight search and booking technologies have been recognized with several domestic and international patents, and the company continues to innovate.
GetGoing is a Y Combinator company based in San Francisco, and is backed by a number of prominent venture capital and private equity funds. For more information, please visit http://www.getgoing.com, follow us on Twitter @GetGoingTravel (http://twitter.com/getgoingtravel) or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/GetGoing.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2013/6/3/11G005527/Images/Booking_Page-860911855399.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2013/6/3/11G005527/Images/How_It_Works-694282948435.jpg
Embedded Video Available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKIxMbz1HMs