PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 23, 2014) - GetInsured, a leading private health insurance marketplace, today shared the 10 questions most asked by consumers who contact the company's call centers. Approved by the federal government to enroll Americans in subsidized health care under the Affordable Care Act, GetInsured has fielded tens of thousands of customer calls since open enrollment began in October.
GetInsured's Atlanta- and Phoenix-based call centers employ hundreds of insurance brokers who are fully licensed to enroll Americans in the 36 states served by HealthCare.gov. The questions they receive are collected and answered on GetAnswers, the company's online resource center for questions related to the Affordable Care Act and health insurance.
"People are experiencing information overload and ACA jargon fatigue, and therefore need straightforward, easy-to-understand answers about the process of enrolling in health insurance," said Katie Boyd, vice president of content for GetInsured. "In our call centers and on our site, we're still very much in education mode -- the most important thing to us is that consumers feel confident and empowered after they've interacted with GetInsured."
Following are the 10 questions GetInsured has received the most since October 1, 2013 with links to the answers, which consumers can find at www.getinsured.com/answers.
1. How will Obamacare affect me?
2. What is the least I have to pay for health insurance?
3. How do I receive my tax credit?
4. When is my last day to purchase insurance to avoid the penalty?
5. Do I have to pay my first month's premium when I enroll?
6. Is dental insurance included in Obamacare plans?
7. Do I have to buy insurance through HealthCare.gov?
8. How can I tell what doctors I'll have access to under each plan?
9. What if I can't afford health insurance even with the subsidy?
10. If my employer offers coverage, do I have to take it or can I elect to purchase through the marketplace?
GetInsured is a leading online health insurance marketplace that combines modern technology and customer service capabilities to make health insurance shopping easy and efficient. Since its founding in 2005, GetInsured has helped millions of individuals and families find the right health insurance plan for their needs and budgets. GetInsured is approved by the federal government to enroll Americans in subsidized health insurance plans, and the company also provides state governments with technology solutions for the enablement of state-based health insurance exchanges. For more information, please visit www.getinsured.com.