LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - May 19, 2012) - Struggling to get signal? Fed up with your mobile network's customer service? And why does there never seem to be any 3G coverage?
To commemorate ideas week and to make these problems a thing of the past, giffgaff is inviting their wonderful community to have their say so that they can improve their overall service. Run by their members for their members, giffgaff is reliant upon their community to help shape, modify, and innovate their mobile network.
To show how much they value customer feedback, giffgaff has established an Ideas Board to reinforce their community inspired ethos. Created on the 4th February 2010, the Ideas Board has led to some remarkable changes. Without the ideas board, the giffgaff network would not have gigabags, a coverage map, Twitter integration, giffgaff surveys, goodybags, topping up via vouchers, and giffgaff T-shirts!
For the past 27 months, giffgaff has, on average, implemented an idea once every 3 days, and has put into operation over 11% of all unique ideas. Contributions have quadrupled year on year, which shows that the giffgaff community is both vocal and full of brilliant suggestions.
Since the foundation of the Ideas Board, giffgaff has seen over 7,000 community-generated ideas, over 60,000 comments, and 45,000 votes for the ideas that you want implemented.
Moving forward, giffgaff is evolving their service to better accommodate their consistently growing community. To help this process, giffgaff will be taking into consideration every suggestion, comment, and concern on the Ideas Board.
Issues that giffgaff are currently attempting to resolve include new rewards for innovators and contributors, a system to deal with duplicates, and an improved method to communicate updates with members. Any ideas are welcome, as giffgaff promise to read all suggestions regardless of whether they are wacky or worthy!
For additional information, please visit giffgaff's blog.
Notes to editors
What is giffgaff?
- giffgaff is a community-led free SIM PAYG mobile operator which keeps costs low by encouraging its community members to help grow and run the business
- giffgaff has a customer satisfaction index of 84% and a Net Promoter Score of 75% (July 11)
- giffgaff has a simple, competitive pricing structure for sim only deals with internet, with absolutely no sting in its tail:
- Calls are charged at 10p per minute and 6p per text
- Free member to member (giffgaff to giffgaff) calls and texts
- Competitive international call rates
- Free calls to 0800 numbers