LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - October 28, 2016) - The 5th annual Global Alternative Funding Forum is set on November 11, 2016, from 8 AM to 6:30 PM at the Skirball Center, Los Angeles, CA 90049. Fintech leaders, next generation financiers, private investors, venture capitalists, prominent entrepreneurs and authorities will be uniting forces at what has become a high-end annual gathering with this year's theme "The Future is Now -- Access to Capital, Redefined."
"We live in the world where networking capabilities are increasing exponentially with costs declining -- leading to new methods of disintermediation in the financing world that would have been impossible just a few years ago. So this year we've added two new topics: Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain with a special focus on how new technological trends and capabilities are transforming venture financing industry and entrepreneurial projects," -- said Victoria Silchenko, Ph.D. the founder of the Global Alternative Funding Forum, the CEO of Metropole Capital Group, an educator and one of the leading alternative funding experts.
"For the first time in human history blockchain technology provides a framework for creating the first truly global monetary and asset infrastructure. Imagine a world where a farmer in Africa can directly lend from a small business owner in California - without any middle men involvement! We are at the very beginning stages of this grand vision, a lot of the kinks still being worked out. But thanks to the contributions from entrepreneurs entering the space, we might get there sooner than we think, " -- echoed Celu Ramasamy, General Partner at Focus investments, an investment fund focused on Digital Currencies and Blockchain Technology and one of the forum's partners.
"We strongly believe that crowdfunding will mature quickly by using artificial intelligence to identify and syndicate investors fitting a concrete investment opportunity by profiling risk appetite, check size, investment horizon and history. That will accelerate the funding process and avoid painful mismatches. Our company is establishing an AI based executive team vetting process, analyzing individual talent, character and team capabilities, creating a very important intelligence layer for investors," -- added one of the forum's speakers, serial entrepreneur, angel investor and CEO at PhiFactor Technology Heiko Schmidt.
The Forum's Agenda has raised the industry standard while presenting the most impactful mix of topics in a condensed, actionable and unbiased ways:
- Funding Options Under the JOBS Act: Building Brand Loyalty via Stock-Ownership
- Alternative Funding Tools, Access to Liquidity and Venture Exchanges
- Beyond the Hype: Artificial Intelligence and the Rise of Robotics in Financial Services
- The Changing Face of Angel Investors
- Venture Capitalists on the Future of Venture Capital
- How Blockchain is Transforming Venture Financing Industry
- Redefining Securities Distribution through Crowdfinance
- Royalties as the Alternative Way for Both Investing & Financing
- Federal and Corporate Financing Programs in support of SMB
- How to raise money via "Shark Tank"
An all-star roster of 40 featured speakers includes:
- Cromwell Coulson - President, CEO & Director, OTC Markets Group, Inc.
- David Weild IV - Founder& Weild & Co; known as the "father" of the JOBS Act
- Corey Egan - Co-Founder @ Ilumi, "Shark-Tank" winner, backed by Marc Cuban
- Vivian Shimoyama - Director, 10,000 Small Businesses Goldman Sachs
- Arthur Lipper - World renowned financier, author and investor
- Andrea Lamari - Director, West Coast NASDAQ Private Market™
- Kim Kaselionis - FinTech Pioneer, Managing Partner at Breakaway Funding
- Alex Kleiner - Robotic Scientist at iRobot
- Blake Coler-Dark - CIO at FundersClub.com, Venture Capital online platform
- Michael G. Homeier - Founder @ Homeier Law PC/EB-5 programs & CF
- Jenny Kassan - Member of Advisory Committee on Small & Emerging Companies, SEC
- Mona DeFrawi - Founder at InsideVenture (acquired, SecondMarket)
- Katherine Blair - Partner at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Manny Fernandez - Angel Investor, Micro VC & Equity Crowdfunding Pioneer,
- Heiko Schmidt - Angel Investor, Serial Tech Entrepreneur, CEO PhiFactor Technologies
- Connie Harrell - Angel Investor, Region President of Keiretsu Forum
- David Hornik - VC @ August Capital, Creator of VentureBlog & VentureCast
- Josh Maher - Angel Investor, Author of " How the Best Angel Investors Make Money"
- Ragnar Lifthrasir - Founder & President of International Blockchain Real Estate Association
- Jouko Ahvenainen - Founder of Grow VC Group, Co-founder of CrowdValley
- Diana Stern - Founder of Distributive, an innovation firm focused on blockchain technologies
- M. Alex O. Vasilescu, Ph.D. - Associate Director at UCLA Computer Vision and Graphics
- Paul Cottrell - PhD, author, researcher and financial analyst
- Alejandro Laplana - VC at AKT IP Ventures, world first incubation fund for patent portfolios and ideas
- and many others
About the Global Alternative Funding Forum
- The premier event in entrepreneurial ventures financing and fintech
- On a mission to bridge the worlds of alternative and traditional finance to foster entrepreneurship, innovations and diversity
- Brings together prominent business leaders, private investors, world-class financiers and top experts in the field of capital formation and emerging growth ventures
- Designed as an intense day of highly educational discussions and outstanding networking opportunities
See the Agenda at: http://metropoleglobalforum.com/agenda/
MASTER OF CEREMONIES:
Sandro Monetti, a CNN and BBC weekly contributor and television host.
SPONSORS and COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, Long Beach City College, CrowdfundingLawyers.net, California Lutheran University, The Blaine Group,HOMEIER & LAW, VerifyInvestor.com, ROCK.com, Hong Kong Trade Development Council, Republic, Funders Club, FOCUS INVESTMENTS, ANGELOOP, Bridges to Italy, Cal-X Crowdfund Connect, CROWDFUND INSIDER©, Equities.com, LAVA, LEONHARDT Ventures, MARKET WIRED, Nature's Bakery, Wall Street Oasis, Women Who Code, Women Investing in Women, Angel Capital Association, Intelliversity and Surf Air.
METROPOLE Capital Group
Registration for the full-day conference, 8 AM to 6:30 PM is $295 until October 31, 2016. The standard rate of $395 will apply to those who register after October 31. Sign up by going to metropoleglobalforum.com/registration.
Learn more at http://metropoleglobal.com.
Connect on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetropoleGlobal
Connect on FB: https://www.facebook.com/AltFunForum/