CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Feb 18, 2014) - Global Capacity, the leading network connectivity company, today announces it finished 2013 with over 17% growth in revenue, achieving significant expansion of product and network infrastructure. Global Capacity's focus on simplifying data networking while improving cost, performance and delivery is redefining how companies design, price and manage connectivity.
Global Capacity's award-winning One Marketplace platform leverages an aggregated, interconnected, physical network with a cloud application that automates the design, pricing, ordering, delivery and maintenance of network services. The marketplace provides transparency into network pricing and visibility into available capacity across multiple access networks and technologies. One Marketplace not only provides visibility into competitive pricing, it also simplifies the ordering and turn-up of network services and tracks the performance for each circuit purchased -- all with a single SLA, service agreement and point of contact.
"We are excited to be reporting record 2013 results highlighted by strong growth in revenues, customers and network capabilities," states Jack Lodge, President of Global Capacity. "Our growth is driven by both service provider and enterprise customers who recognize the value of a network marketplace model in lowering operating costs, reducing time to market and increasing revenue opportunities. In 2014, we will continue investing in our platform at record levels, both in terms of our application capabilities and network reach. We are focused on delivering the best year in the company's history and extending our leadership position in the rapidly growing market for data connectivity."
Additional 2013 business and platform highlights include:
- Global Capacity expanded the network marketplace with over 50 new network providers interconnected to the One Marketplace network platform, increasing reach and price competitiveness of services;
- Global Capacity added five new network Points of Presence (PoPs), improving access for customers and suppliers in locations including Seattle, WA; San Jose, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Pittsburgh, PA; and Ashburn, VA.
- Global Capacity increased the capacity of its national backbone network by 30 Gigabits, meeting the demands of customers for connectivity between One Marketplace PoPs;
- Global Capacity established a strategic partnership agreement with Equinix, expanding the automated platform of One Marketplace into Equinix's vast ecosystem of approximately 100 data centers, 300 plus application providers and 4,000 business customers; and
- Global Capacity added proactive network monitoring of over 6,500 network points, further expanding the network management reach of its dual, U.S.-based Network Operations Centers.
The market acceptance of One Marketplace has been tremendous and is highlighted by industry recognition received in 2013, including award commendations from Capacity magazine, Light Reading and Pipeline magazine. These recognitions acknowledge the innovation of One Marketplace, One Marketplace Ethernet Services and One Hub Interconnect, Global Capacity's flagship Ethernet NNI product that delivers access reach across all access types. The success of Global Capacity and its One Marketplace has been driven by the pent-up demand for simple, transparent and automated procurement and delivery of cost-effective network connectivity, demand that will continue to expand and grow in 2014 and beyond.
Learn more about interconnecting to Global Capacity's One Marketplace by visiting www.globalcapacity.com/products-services/interconnection, or email email@example.com.
About Global Capacity
Global Capacity is the marketplace of networks, delivering ubiquitous network connectivity solutions via its industry-leading platform, One Marketplace. One Marketplace eliminates the complexity and inefficiency of a fragmented network market by combining an aggregated, interconnected physical network with a unique Cloud application that automates the design, pricing, ordering, delivery, and maintenance of network solutions. One Marketplace provides cost-effective, high-performance network solutions that support the exploding bandwidth requirements driven by the Cloud, mobility and globalization for wholesale and enterprise customers. Additional information can be found at www.globalcapacity.com or by connecting with Global Capacity on Twitter and LinkedIn.