CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - June 3, 2014) - Global Petroleum Show (GPS), one of the world's largest energy events, will welcome an estimated 60,000 to 65,000 registered attendees to Calgary's Stampede Park from Tuesday, June 10 to Thursday, June 12, 2014. The now annual event will feature more than 2,000 exhibiting companies and, based on an economic impact study of the 2012 edition, is expected to generate an estimated $8.9 billion in business transactions, including $4.2 billion transactions with Alberta-based companies.
With more than 725,000 square feet in exhibit space, GPS provides attending industry professionals from around the world the opportunity to network, take in interactive demonstrations of emerging technologies and participate in the discussion of current issues and opportunities facing the oil and gas industry. Represented will be delegations, exhibits and attendees from nations such as Argentina, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Mexico, Peru, Suriname, USA and many others. Notable sponsors include: PEMEX, Kuwait Oil Company, ATCO, and Government of Alberta.
"Global Petroleum Show has grown exponentially since it began in 1968," says Wes Scott, Executive Vice President of dmg :: events, organizers of Global Petroleum Show. "The annualization of Global Petroleum Show meets the demand of industry professionals for a regular forum to connect and explore the latest developments and innovations facing the global energy sector. GPS 2014 is the largest to date, and features the addition of new exhibitors, demonstrations and social events to an already expansive three-day event."
Key highlights of GPS 2014 include:
- Presentation Theatres - Complimentary to attend (with official show name badge), eight theaters offer an opportunity to explore key topics Such Heavy Oil, Supply Chain Management, Specialty Oil Tools, Emerging Markets, Enhanced Oil Recovery and more. (Daily)
- Outdoor Exhibits - This is the opportunity for industry to get up close and personal with the rigs and equipment driving the industry. The Outdoor Area also consists of a Beer Garden and opportunities to network. (Daily)
- Opening Night Reception - A kick-off of the year's largest Canadian energy event, celebrating oil and gas "Through the Decades". (June 10, 2014 at 6:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Calgary. Tickets must be pre-purchased.)
- Energy Leaders Breakfast - The Energy Leaders Breakfast will bring together eminent leaders, decision makers, innovators, policy makers and thought leaders to explore the shifting trends and dynamics of global energy. (June 11, 2014 at 7:30 a.m., Hyatt Regency Calgary. Tickets must be pre-purchased.)
- International Energy Capital Forum - A new conference held in conjunction with GPS that brings together the investment community with small-to-medium oil & gas companies looking to expand their business through capital investment and emerging markets. (June 11 & 12, Hyatt Regency Calgary. Tickets must be pre-purchased.)
- GPS Rodeo - Taking place in the Infield Grandstand, this action-packed night of bull riding and live rodeo entertainment will also feature a 50/50 draw, from which the proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House. (June 11, 2014 at 6:00 p.m., Infield Grandstand. Tickets must be pre-purchased.)
- Official Industry Party - GPS attendees are invited to network at the show's official industry networking event-complimentary admission with official show name badge. (June 11, 2014 at 6:30 p.m., Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall.)
- The OGM After Dark Party - The 3rd annual OGM After Dark party blends unconventional ambience with eclectic entertainment and tantalizing cocktails. (June 12, 2014 at 5:30 p.m., Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall. Tickets must be pre-purchased.)
GPS 2014 exhibition hours are Tuesday, June 10 and Wednesday, June 11 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Thursday, June 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office, located in Room 101 & 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit http://globalpetroleumshow.com/.
Held in conjunction with SPE Heavy Oil Conference and SPE International.
Visit http://www.spe.org/events/hocc/2014/ for more information.