SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 7, 2012) -
- GoPago, the leading cloud-based mobile payment app backed by JPMorgan Chase, introduces GoPago LIVE, a system that replaces merchants' cash registers with sleek, 4G-enabled tablets and "point-of-sale" (POS) software.
- Having mastered the cloud with its mobile app, GoPago LIVE marks the company's evolution into a payment-as-a-service (PaaS) provider. GoPago is taking aim at its larger competitors: Square Register and NCR Silver. But GoPago LIVE is the world's first PaaS that is 100% free, allowing cash-strapped neighborhood merchants to compete on a level playing field with big chains.
- GoPago's business model is a game-changer for neighborhood merchants, because GoPago LIVE earns revenue when they do:
- Traditional enterprise POS systems can cost merchants $10,000 in hardware/software, installation and service fees.
- App-based systems require tablet purchases ($400 - $619), and many charge monthly fees. Often merchants must configure their own systems with no tech support.
- Instead, GoPago provides all equipment and tech support for free. Merchants only pay a fixed 2.85% credit card transaction fee.
- LIVE is delivered to merchants as "your business in a box": all the hardware they need, all connected, plus a single interface for mobile and in-store purchases. LIVE's automated system provides real-time data analytics, so merchants can spot behavioral trends and adjust inventory accordingly.
- No tech savvy is required for GoPago LIVE. It's plug-n-play:
- Free Android tablet (a $500 value) comes pre-loaded with:
- Free GoPago software that automatically syncs and upgrades, provides business analytics, and has the mobile app interface built-in -- adding up to a modern business dashboard for traditional merchants
- Free Verizon Wireless 4G connectivity, no Internet connection required
- Free tablet stand, cash drawer, receipt printer and credit card reader
- Free 24/7 merchant support services
- Zero startup costs or monthly fees
- Contrary to traditional credit card transactions, which vary depending upon the brand used (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, etc.), GoPago LIVE has fixed transaction costs at 2.85%, and merchants get paid within 48 hours. Cash transactions are free.
- GoPago LIVE allows for a highly customized menu of services not found on other tablet-based systems. With LIVE, staff can enter a detailed order: medium latte with three shots of espresso, soy milk, no foam. Other tablet-based systems are bare bones (medium latte), limiting staff and system efficiency.
- GoPago's mobile app (iOS, Android) is integrated into LIVE, so merchants have an instant mobile storefront: customers browse, order and pay on their smartphones, then skip to the front of the line. At its foundation, the mobile app is social, with features that create a community around the stores and foster communication between merchants and customers. Special offers and rewards await the most loyal app users.
- "We think GoPago LIVE will turn the payment industry on its head. This is so much more than POS. It's a total solution for brick-and-mortar business owners. We're redefining and resetting the bar for modernizing business payments and loyalty programs." - Leo Rocco, CEO and founder of GoPago
- "The payment-as-a-service (PaaS) platform is a new trend we're watching as nearly half of merchants are unable to manage all the requirements of new hardware, payment transaction load, throughput, and processing requirements via their networks. There are a lot of heavy hitters out there, and it's a crowded space. GoPago is taking aim at potentially assisting merchants with a unique business plan to give away the POS for free. Their partnership with JPMorgan Chase and Verizon gives GoPago the opportunity to provide PaaS with a free tablet-based POS, mobile ordering and loyalty programs, plus a focus on customer service." - Sahir Anand, vice-president and research group director of Aberdeen Group
- "As a small business owner, my payment system is just a tool that helps me get through the day. I don't want to worry about it, and it just needs to work. I tried a different tablet system, but it cost me $700 not including the iPad, and I had to hire my own tech guy. I'll never go back. GoPago LIVE is easy, no money out of my pocket, and the 4G makes each transaction super fast." Aric Doo, co-owner of Lucky Dogs
Check out GoPago at www.gopago.com.
Merchants interested in GoPago LIVE should visit gopago.com/live or call 800-595-5199. To confirm if their store is in a 4G zone, merchants should visit Verizon's website: http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#!/coverage.
Please contact Kristine Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-591-8452 to arrange an interview.
GoPago, Inc., is re-imagining the way consumers and brick-and-mortar businesses use smartphones and tablets for mobile commerce -- giving merchants a total payment solution that creates operational efficiency while building customer loyalty and engagement. The San Francisco-based company was founded in 2009 and expanded nationwide with the launch of GoPago LIVE in August 2012.