SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 27, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Growing department store retailer Gordmans implemented Oracle Retail solutions to improve the customer experience and deliver on its advertised promise that shoppers will find "something unexpected" with each store visit. Using Oracle Retail software, Gordmans is streamlining the supply chain that supports its expansion throughout the Midwest.
- Gordmans implemented Oracle Retail Supply Chain Planning and Execution solutions as part of a business expansion strategy that includes adding ten new stores in 2013 and boosting the performance of existing locations.
- The Oracle Retail solutions provide Gordmans with more immediate insight regarding customer demand and item performance as well as the tools to offer new assortments and provide customers with trending products, brands and designers.
- Gordmans is using the Oracle solutions to enable a multi-distribution center operation and offer more diverse and compelling assortments.
- OLR, a Gold-level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), developed a long-term partnership with Gordmans to successfully deliver the implementation of Oracle Retail applications and achieve targeted results.
- "Without the Oracle Retail solution we could not have grown beyond our 78 stores, and we are on course to surpass 100 locations next year," said Richard Heyman, CIO, Gordmans. "The Oracle solutions enable our multi-DC model and have transformed our business, putting us on course to drive better performance. We are leveraging Oracle to improve product selection, inventory turnover and our ability to respond faster to customer demand."
- "By using Oracle Retail to optimize its operations and create actionable insight into its business, Gordmans has established a foundation for improving the customer experience, driving store performance and supporting growth," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail.
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide - including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.