OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 14, 2014) - Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
The Government of Canada today tabled the Supplementary Estimates (A), 2014-2015 in the House of Commons.
The Supplementary Estimates (A), 2014-15 provide information to support the Government's request for Parliament to approve $2.4 billion in voted appropriations for 16 organizations. So far this fiscal year, the total estimates, including the Main Estimates and Supplementary Estimates (A), are $237.8 billion.
- Supplementary Estimates present information to Parliament on the Government of Canada's spending requirements that were finalized after the deadline for inclusion in the Main Estimates, or have been refined to account for new developments in programs or services.
- The Supplementary Estimates (A) voted appropriations include the following items:
- As announced in Economic Action Plan 2013, Employment and Social Development Canada requests spending authority up to $499.2 million to fund the Canada Job Fund and Canada Job Grant. These programs aim to increase participation of Canadians in the labour force and to develop skill necessary to succeed in today's economy.
- $253.7 million for repairs to the Jacques-Cartier bridge, Champlain bridge, and other federally owned structures in Quebec, and $119.8 million for a new bridge across the St. Lawrence River. These projects were announced in Budget 2014.
- Atomic Energy of Canada requested spending authority up to $195 million to fulfill the Government's commitment to continue to supply medical isotopes and maintain the Chalk River laboratories.
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada is being provided spending authorities of $133.6 million to cover the consolidation of the Canadian High Commission at Trafalgar Square.
"We are continuing to streamline government operations and reduce expenses while ensuring that the Public Service is affordable, modern and high-performing. The Estimates continue to reflect the success of cost-cutting exercises our Government has undertaken."
Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board
• 2014-15 Supplementary Estimates (A)
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) - 613-957-9090
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada.