WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwire - Dec 4, 2012) - The Federal Government has ramped up outreach for the Independent Foreclosure Review (IFR) program in an effort to reach millions of homeowners who were harmed through foreclosure actions in 2009 & 2010 and could be eligible for a free, third party review of their foreclosure files.
National leaders from National Council of La Raza, Centro de Apoyo Familiar (CAF), Housing and Education Alliance, HomeFree-USA, NeighborWorks America and the Homeownership Preservation Foundation have joined the effort to reach millions of Americans through public service announcements mailings, print advertising and broadcast media outlets.
The Independent Foreclosure Review www.independentforeclosurereview.com gives eligible homeowners an opportunity to have their files reviewed for errors, at no charge. If mistakes are found, homeowners may be eligible for compensation up to $125,000 plus equity, or other remedy.
Roughly 4.5 million homeowners may be eligible to take advantage of this program, but they need to know about it and apply online or request an application by phone 1-855-778-0855 before the program ends on December 31st, 2012.
Interview opportunity with:
- Margarita Rebollal, Executive Director, La Raza
- Walkiria Pool, CEO & President, Centro de Apoyo Familiar
- Sylvia Alvarez, Housing and Education Alliance
- Colleen Hernandez, CEO & President, Homeownership Preservation Foundation
- Evelyn Erazo, Counselor, HomeFree-USA
- To schedule an Interview please contact (Radio) Linda Marson at Lindam@zpr.com or 240-395-0225 X116 or (TV) Christine Deerin at Christined@zpr.com or 240-381-8612