NUREMBERG, GERMANY and SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 25, 2014) - embedded world, Hall 4, Stand 325 and RSA Conference -- Green Hills Software, the largest independent vendor of embedded software solutions, today announced its multi-tiered integration with the Freescale Semiconductor C29x cryptographic coprocessor family. The Green Hills solution, comprised of its INTEGRITY® real-time operating system (RTOS), Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit and advanced MULTI® integrated development environment (IDE), is optimized to utilize the C29x security engines (SEC). This will enable designers to efficiently accommodate the exploding demand for secure processing in applications, such as data center computing, hardware security modules and security appliances, used in government, banking, and defense systems.
"As modern commerce and communications require higher levels of security, Freescale's C29x crypto coprocessor family brings new scalability in both power and performance at a low cost," said Tareq Bustami, vice president of product management for Freescale's Digital Networking business. "Green Hills Software brings to us industry leadership for software security through its INTEGRITY RTOS and Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit."
Compute-intensive math behind key transactions and secure network communications quickly saturates today's general-purpose processors and even multicore SoCs with cryptographic acceleration. The C29x security engine (SEC) offloads this processing with unparalleled performance.
Green Hills expands its existing security solutions by incorporating the computational acceleration of the C29x coprocessor, thus offering customers a three-pronged end-to-end solution for the stringent requirements of embedded secure networking and cryptographic module computing:
- The INTEGRITY RTOS is the ideal run-time foundation for secure processing -- certified as the most secure operating system in the world (Common Criteria EAL 6+, High Robustness). The INTEGRITY separation architecture and scheduling policies guarantee real-time determinism, application separation and quality of service. The INTEGRITY RTOS offers an extensive array of integrated middleware for file systems, wireless, IPv4/v6 networking, graphics and connectivity.
- The Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit from Green Hills provides a complete set of C- language cryptographic algorithms, random number generators, secret-key and public-key cryptography and secure networking protocols, validated to FIPS 140-2 level 1 and meeting the NSA Suite B Standard:
- High Assurance Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit (HA-ECT) is a complete set of cryptographic algorithms, including AES encryption and Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) for key agreement and digital signatures
- SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 server and client protocol supporting RSA, PKCSv1.5, DES, 3DES, AES, RC4, SHA1, SHA2, MD2, MD4, MD5, RNG, OCSP and SCEP for certificate management
- IPsec/IKEv2 for secure IP packet communication with peer authentication, encryption and message integrity using AES, DES, 3DES, Diffie-Hellman, SHA1, MD5
- Portable SSH developers kit for interactive shell and tunneled TCP/IP security layer
- The MULTI IDE and Green Hills JTAG probe are a complete software and hardware environment for building embedded applications in C, C++, and Embedded C++, enabling software developers to create a more reliable product, brought to market more quickly, with lower development costs.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit are available now and will be demonstrated at the RSA Conference, February 24-28 in San Francisco in the Freescale exhibitor stand, South Expo #1733.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent vendor of embedded development solutions. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo, MULTI and INTEGRITY are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software in the U.S. and/or internationally. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.